Please help

Musicocd

Ok so I'm having a really hard time at the moment. On top of everything else I've just started hand washing - this is a whole new area for me, and it's horrible.

I feel like I need to tell my best friend but I don't know how...I've known her for 13 years and for 11 of these I've had ocd. She thinks I'm 'quirky' because sometimes she does see me carrying out my compulsions, but I've never said to her 'I have ocd' because truthfully I don't think she'll understand and she won't give me time to explain. I feel like I have to tell her because I think she will give me the strength to take the first step in getting a proper diagnosis.

I've heard that some people have written letters to their GPs explaining their problems - might this same technique work with my friend?

paulmm

i have ocd, and i always worried what other people would think if they knew

most dont care, and some are actually intrigued and want to know more

think of it this way - would you care if your friend had it?

she almost defintiely feels the same way

AvinaKo

D< It's such an expensive thing, really- hand washing. I do it. It's a pain in the fucking ass.

I've never told any one of my friends, I've never had any good ones. When I thought I had a good friend, I was going to tell her, but she's got a big mouth and is just awful now. I'm glad I never did. However, if you want to tell your friend, make sure it's some time when it's just the two of you and you know you'll have a long time to talk.