please help new to anxiety, wondering about medications

jono87

Hi ill start off by telling you about about myself and why Ive come here. Im a 19 year old male who has been suffering anxiaty issues for about 5 months now. The trigger for my anxiety was a second drug induced psychosis I had, the first occured from LSD the second from Ecstasy which occured about 4 months apart from each other. Its been about 5 months since I had my second psychosis and I have stopped takeing all drugs and drinking and have totally changed my lifestyle.

Much has improved over these months but I still get bouts of anxiety and I have trouble looking people in the eyes even to some of my good friends, there Is also some anxiety that arises from i guess "flashback" type situations. Now I have never been on any medication before, because before the drugs I had no problems so im seeing my psychiatrist on monday and wondering what is the best medication for someone going through somthign like I am.

Also its interesting that when i go to a meeting at the theosopical soceity and listen to this bloke talk and meet up with all my friends which just raises my energy I find for a few days afterwards I feel more connected, the same with when I get reiki but yeah these dont have lasting results. I find that when ive taken diazapam it makes things alot clearer and i have a better connection with people but this is not a lasting treatment. So I think that with medication it will give me a basis to deal with some issues and replace some of the "bad" conditioning my brain received during those terrifying periods of psychosis.

What should i do and what medication would be the best for my situation.

corrinaelizabeth

hi,1st off well done for coming off drugs and drink completley. I found that benzos helped me and they seem 2 help alot of ppl,but im not on meds now,and although i still have the same problems im alot better not taking anything.plus if ur in the uk you will find it v hard 4 a doc 2 prescribe benzos,my advice would b not 2 take ne meds and 2 c a therapist.good luck!