Please help me.

Caseums21

I'm new to this forum. I'm 23 years old and I've been having major panic attacks. It started about 2 years ago, when I go out to eat, I would panic and walk out of the restaurant. Now it's even more serious. I don't leave my house fearing of getting panic attacks.

I can just be sitting at home and have a panic attack but as long as I'm home, I know I can lay down and not worry about people staring at me. It feels like I'm going to die when I get them. My attacks can last to about 10 minutes to a hour.

I quit my job because of it. I wanted to go back to college but I don't think I can now. The attacks took over my life to where now, I have no life. I lost a lot of friends because of this because they just don't understand.

My panic attacks symptoms are cold sweats, nausea, heart beats fast, I have to sit from being so weak, some times I actually vomit, and I can't breathe. My hands become numb, I shake, then my back really hurts after the attack.

I read that caffeine and alcohol could cause the attacks. So I stopped drinking pop and alcohol and drinking a lot more water. It just seems like they are getting worse.

Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do to help them go away without taking medication? Medication is my last option.

Thank you for reading and in advance, thank you for your answers.

TAMPA-BAY

Sounds like you you have came to the right place. Did you say that this only started 2 years ago? How was your life before 2years ago. Most of us here have been dealing with anxiety for as long as we can remember but leaving our comfort zone as we grow older seem to be a common start of a lot of anxiety.

Caseums21

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, 2 years ago, my life was fine but I would have panic attacks about once a month. I was in the Air Force and didn't have any fear. When I moved back home, it got worse.

I live in Pennsylvania and I drove to Alaska, Texas, Florida, Maine, and a few other places within 2004 - 2006. I would be absolutely fine. At the end of 2006 is where I began feeling the fear of leaving and even thinking about going somewhere, I would panic.

I live about a hour from my brother and when I go to visit him, I panic while driving and when I get there.

The worst thing is going out to a crowded place or eating out. I just can't do it without walking outside a few times for about 15 minutes.

I'm just so fed up with it that I just want to stay home. I agree with you about leaving the comfort zone. I just can't figure out why it all started at that time.

This feeling is so horrible that I would never wish my worst enemy to have it.

virgo

hi caseums21

I'm 23yrs old, and i also have pretty bad panick attacks. But my panic attacks just hit me suddenly.

A psychologist friend told me to write a journal about how i feel,,,and what in the past have triggered me to have panic attacks. i just started my journal so I hope it can help a little. Maybe you should give it a try.

i'm also new to this forum, i'm looking forward to having a friend. I just started my panick attacks & i have the same symptoms you have. Am also kinda glad theres OTHERS who experience panick attacks bec. it reminds me i'm NOT going crazy.

Caseums21

Hi Virgo thanks for the reply. I hope you get over your panic attacks very quickly. Do you take any kinds of medication? I should definitely try that journal. Thank you for that advice. You are definitely not crazy. It's just something that we need and can get over.

tonedawg

Hello,
I have the same thing, but ive pretty much learned to control it by not worrying. now my anxiety and panic sets in at night b4 i go to bed for some reason, and it takes me forever to fall asleep. what i usually do to calm myself is to listen to music, or go for a quick run around the block. The breathing techniques dont relly work for me but try them anyways maybe thell work for u.

artur513

Caseums21 said:
I'm new to this forum. I'm 23 years old and I've been having major panic attacks. It started about 2 years ago, when I go out to eat, I would panic and walk out of the restaurant. Now it's even more serious. I don't leave my house fearing of getting panic attacks.

I can just be sitting at home and have a panic attack but as long as I'm home, I know I can lay down and not worry about people staring at me. It feels like I'm going to die when I get them. My attacks can last to about 10 minutes to a hour.

I quit my job because of it. I wanted to go back to college but I don't think I can now. The attacks took over my life to where now, I have no life. I lost a lot of friends because of this because they just don't understand.

My panic attacks symptoms are cold sweats, nausea, heart beats fast, I have to sit from being so weak, some times I actually vomit, and I can't breathe. My hands become numb, I shake, then my back really hurts after the attack.

I read that caffeine and alcohol could cause the attacks. So I stopped drinking pop and alcohol and drinking a lot more water. It just seems like they are getting worse.

Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do to help them go away without taking medication? Medication is my last option.

Hey Caseums 21,

I read your post and was shocked. Please don't take this personally, but I just recently saw something that can help you. It is a product that can help you stop having panic attacks and anxiety attacks too.

When I read it, it mentioned many times that it IS a natural way without any medication and drugs.

It also mentions that it will not stop you from having panic attacks from drinking water or breathing exercises, BUT it will help you stop the FEAR of having a panic attack and they say that that IS the way to stop the panic attacks.

It mentioned a One Move way that you can use anywhere, even in your car.

The website has many testimonials and I really hope that this will work for you, if not sorry for wasting your time.

If you want to try it, Click Here

If you have any questions post a reply.

Note to all the moderators. This is not Spam. I am just trying to help a person. :!:

Caseums21

Hi tonedawg and artur513. Thank you for your responses.

Tonedawg, the breathing exercises don't really work for me either. I also take a run at times and that helps at times. I hope the best for you.

Artur513, I'll definitely read more about the link you sent. Hopefully this works. Thank you again.

gtrgrl3369

Tell ya what I learned in therapy yesterday. Not to be afraid and mean it, I know it sounds hard, I did it all day today and damn if it worked I am doing great. I told myself that all of my symptoms were lies and they have never killed me before and they wont now. But you have to believe it. I am actually going back to work today after 2 weeks off because of panic and I am not afraid. There is hope honey, I promise, hang in there.... :D

artur513

Caseums21 said:
Hi tonedawg and artur513. Thank you for your responses.

Tonedawg, the breathing exercises don't really work for me either. I also take a run at times and that helps at times. I hope the best for you.

Artur513, I'll definitely read more about the link you sent. Hopefully this works. Thank you again.

You are very welcome.

The regular methods for treating panic or anxiety attacks is to drink water, do breathing exercises, or hold your breath for 10 seconds, which DO NOT WORK AT ALL!

All they make you do is to be self conscious and more uptight. You do your deep breathing exercises with breathing in with your nose and breathing out with your mouth. That doesn't work. So, then you try to do another exercise, hold your breath for 10 seconds. Then try it again. Still doesn't work? It is getting worse and the fact that you are out of ideas makes you panic even more.

Now has this ever happened to you? Or somewhat in the same scenario? Learning how to stop the fear of having another panic attacks is key.

Go to this site and read the testimonials. They are truly amazing.

There are people who for the first time in 5 years drove in a car because previously they had feared they would faint in a car or a store.

Click Here to read more testimonials of how people truly changed their life thanks to the program.

If you have any questions, please reply on the post.

Artur513

johnyboy

Caseums21 said:

ok heres the deal.Panic attack is just a psychological attack if you think of it,im sure it will attack.Let it worst challenge the attack because panic attack gets worst if you fear them,if you dont fear them it will not attack.Your enemy is yourself.Its all in our minds but beleive me it wont kill you!! We all are afradi to die thats why panic attack attacks us panic attack is a form of anxiety.Now im happy i cope up panic attack i say to myself if im goin to die with panic attack 'let it be' hahaha i dont.Trust me@ dont fear panic attack fear GOD only.i will pray for you but us a friend i tell you nothing will happen to you face fear face panic attack.Challenge it im sure 100% you will win after that put your life back.Make friends enjoy life.Panic attack is all in our minds!

Sapphira

Oh honey... you sound just like me. I quit my job due to panic attacks, lost a lot of my friends because I thought they didn't understand and were judging me, etc... so I totally know how you feel and hope you'll be able to overcome this, at least to the extent of getting your life back. :(

Here's what has worked for me...

I learned as much as I could about panic attacks and various anxiety disorders. I have social anxiety and agoraphobia with panic disorder and I read as much as I could about each of them and how they work. Once you understand how they work, it's easier to figure out how to approach them on a personal level.

Every person has a different threshold for anxiety and stress and for some people, like me, the threshold is much smaller which makes it easier to trigger panic attacks. I'm not cured... I don't think there IS a cure, but I think there are ways you can ease the symptoms and learn how to control them and live a "normal" life. Normal means something different to everybody.

Also remember that you aren't alone. There are millions of people in the world who experience panic attacks... it doesn't mean they are crazy or that there is something wrong with them... it just means that their threshold for stress and anxiety is much lower than the average person.

Caseums21

Thank you. You all have been very helpful. I'll take all your theories into consideration. I have left the house a few times and I told myself that I could live here and be unhappy or I could actually get up and do something about it.

JohnyBoy, what you said is very true. It is all in our minds. It's nice to have people care about you, even when they don't know you. I hope everything is going well for you.

Sapphira, I also read a lot of information about SA, agoraphobia, and panic attacks and it is easier to figure out the approaches. I agree with you about there is no cure but it could be treated if you really force yourself. It is hard but people could get through it. I really hope that you overcome these fears and get your life back.

johnyboy

Sapphira said:
Oh honey... you sound just like me. I quit my job due to panic attacks, lost a lot of my friends because I thought they didn't understand and were judging me, etc... so I totally know how you feel and hope you'll be able to overcome this, at least to the extent of getting your life back. :(

Here's what has worked for me...

I learned as much as I could about panic attacks and various anxiety disorders. I have social anxiety and agoraphobia with panic disorder and I read as much as I could about each of them and how they work. Once you understand how they work, it's easier to figure out how to approach them on a personal level.

Every person has a different threshold for anxiety and stress and for some people, like me, the threshold is much smaller which makes it easier to trigger panic attacks. I'm not cured... I don't think there IS a cure, but I think there are ways you can ease the symptoms and learn how to control them and live a "normal" life. Normal means something different to everybody.

Also remember that you aren't alone. There are millions of people in the world who experience panic attacks... it doesn't mean they are crazy or that there is something wrong with them... it just means that their threshold for stress and anxiety is much lower than the average person.

hi for me there is a cure.Forget about panic attack!! Thats the cure believe me.Dont forget to pray to gods assistance. :D

schmoopy

The important thing is for you to reinforce that you'll be okay and one day you'll be over this. You can cure your Panic Attacks. It takes time, persistence and practiced strategies and techniques.