Please help--from a lost teen.

This is my first time writing in a forum, but right now I'd give just about anything a try. I'm sixteen, a junior in a private school with a really good life. I'm extremely outgoing, get great grades, and have a great family, but I have a big problem taking over my life. Every morning I wake up and I beg my mom to let me stay home from school, it literally takes me 4 hours to get out of bed, when I used to be able to jump out of bed. I tried taking Prozac, Lexapro and Zoloft because I've battled with depression in Middle School, however I shook all the time, that my mom made me get off of it. So they thought I had a brain problem from the shaking, and I went to see a neurologist. That just added to more anxiety, when it turned out all was normal there. So then we went to 4 more doctors, and all said different things. I've had a ton of bloodwork and they said my blood sugar was really low, so they figured I was Hypoglymic. (More anxiety). Well, it didn't stop, alls it did was made me think I had a reason to be scared, and being sick. So here I am, on my 4th week without an entire day of school, 4 weeks behind on homework with only 3 weeks left of school. I shake all the time, I sweat, I get light headed, my heart hurts, I black out, I pass out, I throw up, and the worst part is my fingers. They feel like they always are touching needles.
Another thing I havn't really told anyone, but I've started drinking every weekend. Just one drink takes all my nervous energy away, that I fear I'm becoming addicted to it. I even told my mom (very anti-drinking) about it, but of course I didn't want to let her down so I downplayed it. She wouldn't tell me to stay home on weekends because I can't risk losing all my friends along with all of this.
A doctor just now brought up I might be having anxiety attacks...except I get them all the time. I've had to quit the track team (my first love), on the days I get to school I can stay for about 1/2 a period before I get so scared of everything I just go to the nurses office and cry. I cry all the time, for no reason.
Alls I want is answers, I want to get back to my bubbley self I used to be. I want to have a great senior year, I want to be a good person again (aka stop drinking) but at this point I cant even make it to a day of school. I dont know if anyone else out there has had something like this, but any information or helpful hints would help tremendously. I can't take this any longer. I'm scared that if this all dosn't get solved soon I'll become suicidal or not be able to graduate.
People keep telling me self-motivation and self help but I don't understand. I don't understand how you can just tell yourself to feel better and suddenly feel better. Please help.

forgetit

I don’t know how to help you.

When your heart is aching (or whenever you want or feel the need to do it), try to stretch your whole body (mainly your face, shoulders and chest) the way you feel more appropriate. Go to a bathroom if you want and do it.

It helps to disperse tension derived from anxiety.

rko74

I was frightened to go to school too

I had a fear of school myself, i rmember at the end of junior high i would miss alot of time.I just never wanted to go, cause of my social fears.It got so bad i had to drop out :(. I wish i had not have dropped out, but i didnt know what else to do, i just couldnt hack it.I was sooo uncomfortable in class, i couldnt concentrate on my work or what the teacher was saying.My inner self talk just prevented me from concentrating.Im even trying to deal with this to this very day, as im trying to do various things to get my ass going and i still get that same old discomfort.I guess what i will have to do is not quit this time and go through the pain.It sounds terrible but i dont know what else there is to do, except maybe seeing a cognative behavior therapist.I wish the best of luck for you.

Septor

I had to drop out of school my senior year because of sa and because I miss to many days of school.What ever you do don't drop out of school.You will regret it later on.

I can't be much help because I never figured that one out myself and there no easy answer to your problems.Your going to have to be strong.I would also suggest you seek some cbt counseling and talk to your doctor about getting on some anti anxiety medication this might give you the extra boost you need to get through.Although you wont become your old happy self over night.Well anyway good luck. :)

bluenow

Do you have the hypoglycemia under control? Be sure that you do. It causes all of the symptoms you described. It can feel just like an anxiety attack.

update

I went back to the hospital and had a glucose tolerance test and it came out average again. So I started on lexapro again...guess we'll see how it goes. I just want this all to be over, today I couldn't even get out of bed.

lansell

god, im exactly the same as you. Im on study leave for my exams which ive finished and im back to school on monday. I only take to sub (art and photog.) so im not there too much but.. its enough, im so scared. specially with sitting in class when the teachers talking, i feel trapped and panic. buti get chest pains alot, theyre scary but its normal for ppl who have PA's so yeh, lie down and rest or eat something, that helps sometimes.