Plantar hyperhidrosis & BAD CALLUSES

sweatinsucks

Hi there. Well, I've finally come to the conclusion that I've had hyperhidrosis for 22 years. I'm 27. I've suffered with terrible calluses on every pressure point on my foot since I was five. I've been to multiple doctors, podiatrists, etc. throughout the years and NONE of them could tell me why. I told them about the excessive foot sweating, but still, nothing. Anyway, I finally decided to do my own research and found out that I have a REALLY bad case of plantar hyperhidrosis. My feet sweat puddles whether I'm shoeless and sockless or not. This in combination with high arches causes some really nasty calluses that HURT! Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone else that has plantar HH has calluses. I've never met anyone or talked to anyone before that does.

So, I just bought a Drionic and used it for the first time last night. Doesn't feel too good, but if it works, it's definitely worth it. I've been reading through old posts and found this one that someone posted about taking Ambrotose for 9 months in addition to some other "white ball". I read through some more to find out what this white ball was and the person never really said except they posted something about Merzapothecary. I've never heard of it, so I Dogpiled it and found an old herbal remedy store in Chicago that has been around since like 1850 or something. I emailed them to find out if they had anything for Plantar HH and they emailed me this morning with this link:

http://www.smallflower.com/product/6201

Has anyone ever heard of this before? I read some posts where some people think HH has to do with the body trying to rid itself of toxins, so this stuff is in line with that.

I've also recently read that you should get a food allergy test done because the body is continually in a mode of panic trying to eliminate food that it thinks is "toxic" which goes along with that other thing too. You know what? I read another post where people said that they always felt fatigued. I ALWAYS feel tired. I heard that when you're allergic to something first you'll feel your heart beating really fast and have kind of panicky feelings, then you'll get really tired because your body is working so hard to fight off whatever it was that you ate from entering your bloodstream.

Wow, I suppose there are too many topics in this thread! My main question is whether or not anyone has calluses from plantar HH and whether or not anyone has heard of the product I listed in the link.

Thanks,
Rachel

linuxiol

Hi Rachel,

I have plantar HH but no calluses. However may i ask you what type of footwear/socks you are wearing? Do you manage to control the odour thing since your feet are always wet?

My feet sweat 80% less than before thanks to Odaban, yet i sweat enuff to have my shoes moist, therefore my shoes are minging after 2 or 3 weeks and need to get rid it of them, even though i never wear the same shoes two days in a row.

I am sorry i can't help regarding calluses but please let me know you manage with the odour problem. Thank you

sweatinsucks

Unfortunately, my feet do stink. I've kind of given up on trying to control it. I'm on my 3rd day of the iontophoresis, so I'm hoping that when they stop sweating (fingers crossed), they'll stop stinking, too.

Hey, do you have pedal HH only, or do you have it in other areas, too?

linuxiol

Sorry to hear you are also struggling with the odour problem.
i 'only' have Plantar HH but it's bad enuff. In fact, i sort of managed to deal with the odour, my feet don't stink anymore, even when i remove my shoes. You should definitely try Odaban. However i still don't understand why the shoes still smell of the fabric when i remove them. I guess it's due to the moisture. I use Summersoles and it definitely helps but not 100%. That's why i think i need to find the right socks. I have tried several anti-odour socks but i still need to change my socks a couple of times a day. Funny thing is the socks themselves don't smell but the shoes do. I am so fed up with the whole thing. good luck :)