pharmacy.ca reviews? trustworthy?

I see this website mentioned often & wonder if it's safe? You do hear stories about ordering meds online such as not really knowing if what you order is fake or real etc.
I have awful face/scalp HH. Nowhere else. Summer is a killer. I get light headed if I don't drink enough & the heat just sucks the energy right out of me. I work in a nursing home & the old folks are always freezing. Never a fan on or a window open. I still have to go in their rooms to give care. I've actually dripped sweat onto people. Not very nice. I get rivers of sweat rolling down my face standing in store line ups & waiting rooms, even in what normally would be considered comfortable environments. It's embarrasing to have someone ask if you're OK.
I haven't tried any treatments yet so that's why I'm here. I'm curious about Secure wipes or Avert, both available at pharmacy.ca. I'm kind of leery with the Avert, since I already get dizzy as it is when I get overheated, but would maybe try the lowest dose if it would help at all. Maybe just the wipes would work? Won't know till I try I suppose. Do these products need a prescription? A referral to a dermatologist will take weeks & I need help now.
I'm female, 47 years old. Family doc says no menopause yet. I've never had a hot flash per se, I'm just always hot. Have gained some weight the past few years but still had this when I was thinner.
What do I do? What do I try? Where do I start? Sorry for such a long post! ::eek::

nobody122002

Hi. I've been using pharmacy.ca for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems. I live in the UK and deliveries have always been quick.

You will have to answer some questions about your condition when you first order from the site. A pharmacist from the site should contact you by e-mail and they can also answer any questions that you have. You don't need a prescription.

I've used the wipes (4% concentration) for my armpits and have used them on my hands and back/chest in the past. They worked well to start off with but there effectiveness has decreased over time. Make sure you don't got any in your eyes, it can cause your pupils to dilate. I also use Hydrosal Gel for my armpits, it's not as irritable as some similar products.

I've used the avert pills but found them relatively ineffective for me. I had to take a high dose to get any effect. Even then the benefits were short lived and the side effects were unbearable. A lot of people have had good results with the pills, it's down to the individual.

Hope this helps. :)

bigchris

I've only ever heard positive things about pharmacy.ca from countless people on this site, it's legit.

Great, thanks. Doesn't hurt to be cautious. They are based in Toronto & I live in Southern ON too so the shipping should be fast & cheap.

bigchris

Yeah of course, there are so many fake sites out to scam you for money these days you have every right to be cautious.

margiehope

I'd be hesitant to order meds online too, without some assurance. I live in Toronto, where
pharmacy.ca has a standing store, so I have always gone there directly. They are a regular operating pharmacy.

Actually if you live in Southern Ontario, you might think of going there at least initially.

Alternatively, email them--they're good at answering queries, such as about your dizziness.

I also have cranio-facial HH--started off with the Secure wipes, which work OK, but can't really "wipe" your scalp. So, I've been on Avert for about 3 years--dry mouth but no other problems.

You don't need a presciption, but since I have slightly high blood pressure, they wouldn't dispense the med without my doctor's OK. This is actually a good thing, and shows that they're responsible.

Good luck!

bill-uk

ebonyruffles

Wow, your symptoms sound exactly the same as mine, although mine happen in 60-80 degree heat in the UK whilst I guess it is a lot hotter where you are. I have copied aspects of your post and added my comments below.

I have awful face/scalp HH. Nowhere else. Summer is a killer.

Couldn't have put it better

I've actually dripped sweat onto people.

Not onto people myself but off my nose/chin onto many other things.

I get rivers of sweat rolling down my face standing in store line ups & waiting rooms, even in what normally would be considered comfortable environments.

I have to say that I have never seen anyone sweat more than me from the face and head so I know where you're coming from. When the hair sticks to the head in a stuffy meeting or even worse in the hairdressers with no where to hide, it's no fun.

It's embarrasing to have someone ask if you're OK.

Yep, had that one too. My father in law asking if I was ok as we sat down to Christmas day lunch with sweat pouring down my face, behind my ears and down my neck. No amount of wiping would quell the tide and had to go outside to cool off ( and this was an English winters day )

I haven't tried any treatments yet so that's why I'm here. I'm curious about Secure wipes or Avert, both available at pharmacy.ca.

I've used a few things with secure wipes and probanthine the best results I've had, particularly the latter. Pharmacy.ca is a good and trustworthy site

Have gained some weight the past few years but still had this when I was thinner.

Me too and I'm a year older than you. When I was 18 and in very good physical shape and playing sport at a high level I still had the problem, but perhaps not quite so much as today.

What do I do? What do I try? Where do I start? Sorry for such a long post!

Don't be sorry! You have started at the right place. Search posts on here, the first sticky post from Release gives a massive amount of info, but only you can decide what you might want to try. I used to post a lot about 2 years back and placed a number of posts on facial HH, my experiences and what I had tried etc. If you have a mind to, you could search against my ID and find some of them, but I won't be offended if you don't !

Good luck

Bill

The pharmacy my work deals with is a good source of info. I should email them & see if they have any of the products. Staff can order thru them at cost & they put it in with the regular delivery so no shipping fee.
But there's a lightning storm starting right now so I better get off the computer. I'm going to look thru Bill's posts later tonight. Thanks everyone!