Personal admirations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIOLANDA

Do you admire ppl here for a specific thing they have? I'm not talking for appearance really,as everybody seems to be good-looking,but for their character,posts etc. I'll start,this is my list. I admire:

- Mary for her courage of posting nice christian subjects+for her kindness.
- Septor for his wise ideas.
- Worrydoll for her great posts.
- Jojosparkles for her sweet manner of writing.
- Clavain,for his clever humor.
- Mrrightnow,for playing so well the role of the "bad guy",he's so amusing!

jayfan

i dont really admire ppl on forums but

- Mrrightnow,for playing so well the role of the "bad guy",he's so amusing!

no forum is complete without the"bad guy" . what happened to the guy , he get banned? :?

cLavain

Good idea, but admiration is a strong word. How about just saying something positive about other members?

Mary: Simply a very nice person. (cowboy hat sold separately) :wink:
Dzerklis: Funniest guy in Latvia, and has good taste in music.
Quixote: I always find it interesting to read his opinion on subjects. Smart guy.
Giolanda: Comes up with good threads like this one and always seems so positive! Oh, and she's the cutest girl in the photo album. (okay, I'm shallow... :oops: )
LA-girl: The best sparring partner one could wish for and a nice lass! :D :wink:
Horatio: Want to hear some politically correct inanities? Watch Oprah. This fellow is brutally honest, and all the more interesting for it.
Worrydoll: Alternates between "brilliant insight/humor" and "too much hash" = Never boring! :lol: J/K

Heh, good thing I'm anonmyous here!

LA-girl

cLavain said:
LA-girl: The best sparring partner one could wish for and a nice lass! :D :wink:

What a compliment! :D Well right back at ya!!! :wink:
Btw I'm glad you didn't leave out the l there (lass)!!! :lol:
(Sorry, I couldn't resist!) :oops:

I guess I could give you a list on here as well, (so many nice/cool/funny/kind/unique people in here!!!) but I'm afraid I will leave someone out unintensionally so I choose not to...But I'm sure you all know who you are!
BIG HUG TO YOU ALL!!! :D

dzerklis

thanks for the compliment cLavain :D im not sure about it though hehe
ill repeat giolandas words, you together woth LA-girl have such clever humour, always crack me up :)

Mary

Thank you so much you guys.. :oops: :oops: :oops: that is so nice. I have people on here that have especially helped or touched my life that I would like to acknowledge too..this feels like the oscar's or something.. :lol: And the nominee's are: :lol:

(not in any special order..)

Corrinaelizabeth: for being such a good friend (I miss you! :( )

LA-girl: for being a good friend and our conversations

Elaine: for the friendship and conversations too!
and for cracking me up.. :wink:

Giolanda: for being so nice and kind and a great person all around.

jinxed: for our conversations and for being nice

newshyguy: for making me smile when I really needed it (where u been lately?)

Septor: for being encouraging and kind to other's.

Quixote: for being open minded and his intellect (smart guy) good friend

Clavain: for a surprising friendship? And his humor

Worrydoll: nice to talk to and funny, also I beleive a good mom

Cutefluffykitten: for her bravery in being so sincere and also a good mom

Crazyfairyx: a good moderator and nice gal, very helpful..

Chilling echo: good moderator and nice too..

Remus: ditto ^^^

Ok what do all of you win? A great big THANK YOU!!! Each one of you help make this site great and if anyone was not mentioned I am sorry I may have just forgot..its early in the morning here and I am half asleep.. :lol: :wink: I just know I'm leaving people out..I just know..darn this really does feel like the oscar's.. :lol: I'm sure there are other's who I would love to know better and who have much to contribute to mine and other's lives, for those, I hope to "meet" you soon! :wink: Take care everyone! sorry if I left anyone out... :oops:

GIOLANDA

:oops: Mary + cLavain,thank you so much! cLavain is right,we can just post positive things. If it's so,I think I have more things to tell for other members. But never mind,I'll just say that I like you all so much,because knowing ppl with the same problems is very important to me.

blahblah

I don't think these threads are a good idea, my friend who I speak to from spw is quite upset by all of this becuase her name wasn't even mentioned, I say you should delete this thread :!:

GIOLANDA

blahblah said:
I don't think these threads are a good idea, my friend who I speak to from spw is quite upset by all of this becuase her name wasn't even mentioned, I say you should delete this thread :!:
But isn't this ridiculous? There are hundreds of ppl in this forum,but only a few of them answered,so how does your friend know that nobody likes him/her? If it must be deleted,then delete the crush thread too,because not every name is mentioned. :lol: Anyway,ppl don't have the same psychology,some of them are very sensitive,so do whatever you want.

cLavain

blahblah said:
I say you should delete this thread :!:
Indeed. People giving each other compliments? Dreadful business, I tell you, dreadful! But let's not stop there. I propose that we terminate this whole web site.

Why?

Because no matter what we write, someone somewhere might conceivably, if they think really long and hard about it, be sort of offended by it.

GIOLANDA

cLavain said:
blahblah said:
I say you should delete this thread :!:
Indeed. People giving each other compliments? Dreadful business, I tell you, dreadful! But let's not stop there. I propose that we terminate this whole web site.

Why?

Because no matter what we write, someone somewhere might conceivably, if they think really long and hard about it, be sort of offended by it.
:lol: Thank you! Great humor,as usual.

cLavain

Receiving personal criticism for giving personal praise...
- I hope the irony of this situation is not lost on you.

HereAndNow said:
This thread is such a poll using the whole membership to pick from.
Either you don't know what a poll is, or you are just being deliberately quarrelsome.

Mary

Guys!! Please don't argue about this now! :( Giolanda was trying to do a good thing and somehow even that has gotten twisted to be something controversial and bad! :?
For me personally I hope I haven't offended anyone by leaving them out. And if so, I sincerely apologize. I care about so many people on here and probably didn't list every single person as there would be too many and some I am only just getting to know. And probably won't know too well before I leave the site.
But I also think everyone on here (despite any differences we have) deserves a big hand of applause and admiration. Simply because we all have this horrible thing called SP or SA. And we all have to deal w/it daily.
Its not like we have a fear of spiders where we don't have to face it daily, ours is something we have to overcome or try to every single day.., we are all brave and praiseworthy for dealing w/it and not giving up on ourselves. For hanging on and trying when many others would have given up long ago. Lets support ea. other for that and give ourselves a little credit for that as well! :)

cLavain

Mary said:
Giolanda was trying to do a good thing and somehow even that has gotten twisted to be something controversial and bad!
Well, that's exactly what I was thinking. She doesn't deserve this shit, it's just so...petty. Yes, we're all sensitive to some degree, but we're not babies! :?

I've let this thread run whilst keeping an eye on it, cos I didn't see too much harm being caused, but since people are obviously getting upset by it I'm locking it. Please continue to post positive things, but try not to single people out. We're all here doing our best to beat SA and our problems, and we're all a part of this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.