people who use idrostar or fischer (PINKER pls read lol)

hinder87

i have hand, feet, and armpit HH. i use drionic for my hands, and it works. but after about 2 1/2 weeks, my fingertips start to sweat agen- along with the sides of the hand and middle of the palm where the water doesnt touch. so i have to do a week of treatments again (30 min./day) to get my fingertips dry. when the tips are dry, i can deal with it. im thinking about buying a fishcer (idrostar is the same rite???) my only concern is, will it be like drionic. i read on one of PINKER'S forum that with idrostar, the fingertips and middle of the palm sweat after a while- while the rest is dry, kind of like drionic. but shouldnt the middle of the palm be dry since it's being touched by the water? if i use the fischer, wudnt it be like drionic then? so my point is: how is the fischer or idrostar machine for those of you who use it? what parts of the hands start to get sweaty agen after a week or two of dryness? and how do u get it back to where it was? also what maintennace sched. do u guys use? when u first start using it, how long until u see results? also, when u start to see sweat return, where do they return? just the fingertips? or also the middle of the palm???
SORRY for all these questions, but i just want to make sure im making the right decision in buying a $700 machine lol. any help would be appreciated!

hinder87 said:
i have hand, feet, and armpit HH. i use drionic for my hands, and it works. but after about 2 1/2 weeks, my fingertips start to sweat agen- along with the sides of the hand and middle of the palm where the water doesnt touch. so i have to do a week of treatments again (30 min./day) to get my fingertips dry. when the tips are dry, i can deal with it.
im thinking about buying a fishcer (idrostar is the same rite???) my only concern is, will it be like drionic. i read on one of PINKER'S forum that with idrostar, the fingertips and middle of the palm sweat after a while- while the rest is dry, kind of like drionic. but shouldnt the middle of the palm be dry since it's being touched by the water? if i use the fischer, wudnt it be like drionic then? so my point is: how is the fischer or idrostar machine for those of you who use it? what parts of the hands start to get sweaty agen after a week or two of dryness? and how do u get it back to where it was? also what maintennace sched. do u guys use? when u first start using it, how long until u see results? also, when u start to see sweat return, where do they return? just the fingertips? or also the middle of the palm???
SORRY for all these questions, but i just want to make sure im making the right decision in buying a $700 machine lol. any help would be appreciated!

Hey welcome to the forum! Please ask as many questions as you like.

The main problem is you're making the same mistake in technique that I and many others did when I first started using iontophoresis. What you're doing is carrying out treatments until your hands are dry, then as you say you stop and your hands are dry for a week or so, then the sweating comes back and you have to start over again. What you need to do is carry out maintenance treatments every week.

So, say you've carried out initial treatments for a week and your hands are now dry, what you need to do from then on is carry out 2 or 3 treatments every week from then on, if you do this the sweating won't come back!
A lot of people don't realise you need to do 'maintenance treatments' every week and they have this cycle of the sweating coming back and having to start all over again.. and I know it feels horrible when the sweating starts up again.

The Fischer MD-1a and the Idrostar are very similar, though I would recommend the Idrostar. The Idrostar is also cheaper (£288 which is $575) compared to the Fischer which is $650.
I think the Fischer has small aluminium plates whereas the Idrostar has large stainless steel plates, basically these last much much longer as stainless steel doesn't rust. Idrostar accessories (plates, grills, trays, leads etc) are also freely available though it's unlikely people would need to buy them.

I think you got a bit confused with some of the stuff I mentioned about the Idrostar, as long as I do 3 maintenance treatments a week my whole hand is dry, I used to use it once or twice a week but I found out that wasn't enough.
Many people find with their hands that if they don't do enough treatments the sweating comes back on their fingertips and the middle of their palms first, maybe because there's more sweat glands there, I think that's what you might have read about. (I've edited my write up about tap water iontophoresis in the sticky thread so hopefully it makes a bit more sense).

As you mentioned the middle of your palms are wet because the water doesn't touch there, that's because the Drionic trays have a ridge in them I think? So the trays are divided into two levels. With the Idrostar and the Fischer the two trays are flat, so water reaches all parts of the hand and you get a uniform treatment.

To overview how I used the Idrostar; I did initial treatments for 2 to 3 weeks which involved around 10-15 treatments in total. From then on I do 3 treatments a week usually lasting 40 minutes to 1 hour.

hinder87

thanks pinker

thanks pinker. i tried doing maintennance with the drionic twice a week, but that actually made my fingertips sweat. i think its because u r not supposed to do it too much( i gess i overdid it with maintennance). whe i first started, it took two weeks to get my hand dry. but now, i only need one week and the dryness lasts for about 2.5 weeks. if i do maintennace 2-3 times a week, it seems like i overdid it and thats why they start to swet agen. thats why i do it the way i explained with the one week thing lol. when u do maintennace, do ur fingertips/middle of the palms start to swet like it does with drionic when i do maintennance 2-3X a week? or do they stay dry like they've been? ???

hinder87

thanks for answering my Qs pinker

and btw, when u say they swet a little after maintennance treatments, do u mean just ur fingertips or the middle of your palms too? and how long does this usually last and what do you do then and how severe is it? thanks agen and sory for all these Qs lol