Paxil

Tim77

I came across this article in the NYT on Sunday. Kind of scary since I generally trust these corparations. But I don't need Elliot Spitzer to tell me about the side affects of that drug. I took it two years ago, gained about 20 pounds (it's all gone now though! 200 down to 175). I also had terrible nightmares and awful withdrawl symptoms. I am sure it is unrelated, as I have always had Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating), but that problem has spread from my hands down to the lower half of my body. Nerve damage perhaps? Blah....

I don't know how long this link will be up

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/06/o...00&en=674ec75d07ab5e23&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

Anonymous

how long did it take for you to lose the weight gained on Paxil? DId you have to exercise anymore than usual or restrict your eating habits?

thanks

Tim77

I didn't really change my routine too much. I may have exercised harder (in the same amount of time), as I was so angry that I gained that much weight. But I can't really tell. Anyways, the point of that article wasn't that Glaxo didn't mention weight gain (I think they said that right off the bat). The problem was that Glaxo did not divulge studies that showed Paxil was not effective or, worse, caused suicidal thoughts in certian patients.