Paxil

AnnaMaria

I've been taking paxil 10mg for about a month and I'm still as paranoid.

What are you guys using that is effective?

Danfalc

Banned
Sorry

Heh, sorry 2 tell you this, But my shrink has been throwings different medication at me for like 2 years now and nothing has helped in the slightest. But then again different things help for different people.So maybe the next post will be off someone who can recomend somthing instead of someone like me who is just moaning :roll:

maggie

sorry-i don't know, cause I'm too chicken to see doctor and have not tried any drugs to help this yet :?

Danfalc

Banned
You havnt seen a doctor?

Maggie, read ur post and it kinda shocked me.I would strongly recomend that you go and see a doctor. Umm i was terrified of seing a doctor before i actualy went for numerous reasons, one reason being i fall to pieces at any social encounter and the only other reason is that i didnt really understand what i had so i didnt know what to tell him.But seeing my doctor (well im on to a shrink now) is one of the few things which doesnt bother me as they i dont feel they are judging me.I honestly think you would feel better thats why im nagging you like im ur mum or somthing :lol:

AnnaMaria

go soo a doctor!

Health care in Canada is free, I never hesitated seeing a dr. about my sp.

At least you know you have it. At first I had heart palpitations when I would leave my house for work. I never realised I had social phobia until my dr. informed me.

Danfalc, I want a shrink too! Now that I have extended health care by my employer..... :twisted:

zyxockjm

It's strange to hear that you've beeen recieving 10mg for a whole month. My doctor had me increasing dosage every few days or every week until eventually I was taking 50mg and sometimes more per day.

BTW, where do you live?

Arrrrgh

Lexapro and Remeron

Hi, Paxil didn't work for me either. I now take Lexapro in the morning, 10 mg and 30 mg Remeron at night. This combination is working wonders and I feel almost "normal", with very little anxiety.

AnnaMaria

zyxockjm said:
It's strange to hear that you've beeen recieving 10mg for a whole month. My doctor had me increasing dosage every few days or every week until eventually I was taking 50mg and sometimes more per day.

BTW, where do you live?

Canada--Ontario province. Actually I've been on 10mg for 2 years now.....on and off.

I kinda am glad that I'm on 10mg...I don't wanna fry my brain with different dosages! The way you described your treatment makes it sound like drug abuse....I mean in the medical sense....

It takes time for you to get used to paxil....Your doctor's trowing you different dosages for $$$ without considering that your body needs to get used to it.especially paxil.

AnnaMaria

Re: Lexapro and Remeron

Arrrrgh said:
Hi, Paxil didn't work for me either. I now take Lexapro in the morning, 10 mg and 30 mg Remeron at night. This combination is working wonders and I feel almost "normal", with very little anxiety.

That's interesting..I wonder what the long-term side effects would be.Kinda scares me. :(

LittleMissScareAll

I used to be on Paxil and it done nothing for me, except it helped me sleep...that's why I'm not on any medication right now. Nothing seems to work for me, and everything makes me dizzy and sleepy constantly and I have to work so I can't feel dizzy and sleepy all day long at work. :cry:

Chilling__Echo

i was put on meds stirckly for paranoia (to see if i had it) that started with an "A" but i can't remember! but paxil worked for me.

Scottish_Player

I used to get realy bad tension head aches which are realy realy sore when they are at therir worts,iam not sure if they are SP realted but i do know they are depression related which its self can be realted to SP

ato

Hi

My shrink says this medication has been made specially for S Phobia. I had 10mg Paxil/day for 1 year and got a little bit better, but not a big deal. I stopped seeing the shrink and also stopped having pills and now i feel like I need to get back to them. I though spiritual life could help but It is not enough for me. Now I don't know, I am thinking of going better to a psicollogist instead of a psiqt. since I would like to try not having pills anymore.

mr_jim

Hello AnnaMaria

I have been on Paxil twice, both times 10mg. 1st time i took it for 6 months, it did help quite a bit to the extent that i didn't think i needed it anymore, but i was wrong. I then went on to effexor xr 175mg for 6 months which was pretty useless for me. Then i went back to Paxil and was on it for 1.5 years and again it did help me but not to the extent of the 1st time i tried it :(

I'm now on Lexapro 10mg which has done wonders for my depression but as far as helping my anxiety it maybe has a little bit but it might be too early to see any real benefits as i've only been on it for a month.

With Paxil i believe you shouldn't expect to see the full results until 8 weeks, i think thats what i read when i was taking it. Maybe you can give it another month.

Maybe you could also talk to your GP about seeing a psychologist or counsellor perhaps. I'm seeing a counsellor at the moment and it does really help things :)

Hope it works out for you :wink:
Jim

Danfalc

Banned
niceguy said:
Did anybody have bad headaches from SP ,did the use of paxil help :?:

Niceguy i use to get terrible headaches aswell, i also used to get bad nose bleeds.I think it's from the stress of having to cope with the constant strain the anxiety puts on us

thugaveli

Paxil.........isn't this the same as seroxat?
I didn't have much luck with any of the SSRI's, the side effects over powered my anxiety and in the end i would rather have my anxiety than the following

Sleep disturbances, nightmares, wierd dreams, dizzy, back ache, loss of appetite, increase in paranoia, lack of energy, disoriented, oblivious, dry mouth, morning sickness, zombiefied, flaccid!

Although it did cure my anxiety i just couldnt cope with the side effects, well who could!

Also on every SSRI ive taken ive been urinating semen, i darn't tell my GP how embarrasing! I just didn't want to go for tests and stuff so i kept quiet although it was quite worrying
It dissapeared around 3 months after i stopped the SSRI's, would be intresting to hear if anyone had the same problem

All i had in 2 weeks on seroxat were 2 slices of toast and some water
My mind wasnt all there and i felt like a 90 year old, no energy and slept a lot

I now take Beta Blockers which are quite effective without all those side effects, they can knock you back sometimes but i can tolerate it

sorry for wafflin on!

Beta Blockers long term?

I know Beta Blockers would be helpful for me to take. I have major depression, performance anxiety, and social anxiety, all of which I believe are related to neurotransmitter imbalances. I think taking beta blockers will potently relieve performance anxiety. However, is it safe to take beta blockers chronically, long-term? I thought this medication was an as-needed one (when used for social phobia)