panic attacks while playing sports

S

Sophia8

hey all
i have sufferd from panic attacks quite bad for 2 years now.
i have started playing netball again. and sometimes while on the court i just start freaking out, and i cant concentrate on the game and cant wait till the game finishes so i can stop freaking out.
i find it really weird. i love to play netball and i just want it to stop....it happens most times i play, i feel like im going to faint, dizzy, vision is blury just wanna run away.
please help. thanks

edj196

I was searching on the internet and came across this thread. I had to reply because the way you describe how you feel while playing sports sounds very familiar to how I feel when I play sports. I have been suffering with panic attacks for the last 11 years and it all started one day while I was playing basketball. Since then, I can't bare playing basketball for too long because I start getting that feeling, which is very hard to describe, like I am on the verge of fainting, and can't focus on the game, and just want to run way. Anyways, I hope you get to read my post; its been four years since you started this thread. I would like to hear if you are still dealing with this, and what other experiences you've had with panic attacks. Hope everything is well.

Odo

Banned
I stopped taking PE in grade 9 because it was so soul-crushing. It wasn't because of my athletic ability (I did suck, but that's not the point-- I still had my moments) so much as the competitiveness and the fact that if you made a mistake, you would be made fun of pretty relentlessly. It's basically the perfect nightmare.