panic attack story

jackieScene

I've been looking for a fourm to post my story about my panic attacks on....
I suffer from what has been labeled severe panic attacks.
I'm 15, and i've been suffering a good 10 years, if not longer.
I have a fear of throwing up, I can't even eat in public places in fear of throwing up. I don't eat breakfast or lunch on school days, which makes me weak and unattentative. I'm deathly frightful of taking medication and experience extreme nausea after taking pills. I've tried years of medication and therapy, none of which has worked.
My parents don't understand, they claim they've experienced panic
attacks, but none like mine. If they don't understand my problem, they havent had a similar enough experience.

I can't breathe, unable to speak, my throat closes up, I shake, get EXTREMELY nauseated, and sometimes if I can't control it I drool or cry. It's getting to the point where I can't even walk because I'm so wrapped up in my panic attack. I feel like I have no ways out, but I have found some ways. I talk to my boyfriend before i go to school which supresses my panic attacks in the mornings, but towards later in he day I will get them at school, he's not always around to help me. Well he is around, but I have to stay in school and try to work. I have what is called in my school, a "504" allowing me to exit the room if necssisary without question, but i STILL don't feel safe.

panic attacks I feel ruined my life. I cannot travel, but i force myself to for my family. I feel like no one understands my panic attacks and sees them as nothing more than "irrational fears." I had little to no childhood experiences. My parents believe that the computer games I play are stimulants to my panic attacks, I know that's not the case. I have few friends because before I was diagnosed i was doing strange things to cope with my panic attacks, I would constantly cry in school, carry around a plastic bag in fear of throwing up, and other odd things. nothing too standout-ish, but it was enough to drive others away. Panic attacks I feel are the root of all evils in my life... Don't let that put a negative outlook on anything for anyone out there reading this, this is just my personal experience that i wanted to rant about.

I don't know, I'm curious how others feel about my situation. Hopefully I get responces soon. Thanks for reading....

hey jackie, welcome

i noticed you said that your parents said they have had panic attacks and know what they are like but you don't think they could understand it as well as you. i think a common misconception is the idea of "oh, no one knows what i'm going through, no one can understand or have it as bad as me." believe me, your parents may very well have had panic attacks and do understand, and just remember there is always someone out there who PROBABLY has it worse than you as far as panic attacks, i know it's hard to see past how bad it feels in yourself though.

out of curiosity, what computer games do you play? does one of them happen to be wow? i'm not blaming anxiety or panic attacks on a computer game but some habits formed from them can play a role indirectly. i.e. i know when i play wow i play it way too much way too late and generally don't get enough sleep. this results in me being more tired and having a lot more anxiety. also, i was exercising a lot less when i first started playing the game and for me exercise is key in stopping my panic attacks.

don't worry, you're not alone....everyone on this board has related troubles :)

jackieScene

I play counter strike source. iv'e also been having this other problem, maybe its just a misconception of a real problem or disorder, but I seem to forget alot of important things. Like, I'll be told somehting and I completely over look it. is it just maybe my selfish personality?

Helyna

jackieScene said:
I play counter strike source. iv'e also been having this other problem, maybe its just a misconception of a real problem or disorder, but I seem to forget alot of important things. Like, I'll be told somehting and I completely over look it. is it just maybe my selfish personality?
Maybe you have enough to think about just within yourself!

I've read somewhere that fear of vomiting is often related to OCD. I wonder to what extent that is true, and whether you need to think about that.
What therapy have you had?

if you are overly concerned with your panic attacks and anxiety, you aren't completely focused on outside life so it's only natural you'll be a little more forgetful that usual. i have that problem because i'm a bit of a hypochondriac and spend way too much time obsessing over sensations and feelings i have in my body.

faithuniq

Hi jackieScene

I have not found anything uncommon in your situation. But you are too young and facing this problem in life's early stages because of this when you get older the life tensions will increase automatically and PA issues will also increase. I would like to suggest you to use this Natural Technique To Stop Panic Attacks .

God Bless You!

Sjoseph

Have you talked to your doctor about it? Have you tried counseling for learning to deal with the anticipatory anxiety, or how to learn specific coping techniques? You really should talk to your doctor, and see what advice he/she has for you.