Panic Attack Lady on Plane

LA-girl

Whew! Reminds me that I am going by plane in less than two weeks by (hold your breath): The same company (British Airways) that was almost attacked by the many terrorists last week! 8O
Not only that (OK, breathe....and hold your breath again) I am travelling the exact same route: First to London and then US!!! 8O :?

Maybe it's a sign that I should not go....or maybe it is a sign that I should because of the heavy restrictions and hopefully bulletproof..or liquid-proof security! :wink:

I don't know, but having a panic-attack on planes these days should not surprise anyone!

I might be the next lady in line appearing in the news for having a panic attack on a plane... LOL! :eek:

Oh, I almost forgot: BREATHE! :mrgreen:

cLavain

LA-girl said:
Whew! Reminds me that I am going by plane in less than two weeks by (hold your breath): The same company (British Airways) that was almost attacked by the many terrorists last week! 8O
Not only that (OK, breathe....and hold your breath again) I am travelling the exact same route: First to London and then US!!! 8O :?

Maybe it's a sign that I should not go....or maybe it is a sign that I should because of the heavy restrictions and hopefully bulletproof..or liquid-proof security! :wink:

I don't know, but having a panic-attack on planes these days should not surprise anyone!

I might be the next lady in line appearing in the news for having a panic attack on a plane... LOL! :eek:

Oh, I almost forgot: BREATHE! :mrgreen:
Wait! You've been very critical of Bush here and now you're travelling to the US..? hmmm... *phoning CIA* :wink:

Funkymunky

LA-girl said:

At any moment there's an extremely small but very real chance that someone living in the western world will be caught in the middle of a terrorist attack.Its enough to cause a degree of panic amongst a good number of people.Especially it seems when in attendance of an illustrious landmark or perhaps the biggest risk for now...when commuting via a means of heavily populated and potentially mass-destruction-causing transport.

It makes you wonder though just how dangerous,terrifying and horrific daily life must be/have been for all those innocent civilians who have found their homelands directly in the firing line of America & Britains corrupt war mongering regime over the years.Death,destruction and loss for them is almost an inevitability when it comes to the grander scale of terrorism we thrust upon them.

Yes in alot of these situations arrogant power-hungry or radically deranged governments are to blame for enticing the murderous wrath of Uncle Sam and his blood thirsty red and white stripes (born by means of murder,corruption and greed now evolving to mimick those empires of the past such as Rome or the British Empire.Everyone deserves their shot at global domination I guess.It's just that most countries have been around long enough to have learned from their mistakes or the mistakes of others)Lets not forget followed closely on foot by its faithfull companion,our own british government (A small blind dog who it seems would recieve any scraps from the white house table,no matter how soaked in blood,raw and tasteless the particular scrap is)

Yes I know media propaganda over the years,with all its subtle persuasion,has tried brainwashing us to a certain extent into viewing these faceless civilians as branches from the same evil tree.Its dangerous empathize with them,they are suspicious and untrustworthy not like us good english speaking people.A man on television in a sharp suit with slick hair and nice teeth tells us with deep sadness how during the killing of 3000 or so *dirka dirkas* a great American soldier tragically lost his life.He had a mother,a wife,a child and a family...not like those other 3000 Whatsits from Whereverhasoilastan.Coming up after the news our late night film.Rambo visits Vietnam where he fights the Soviets,Chinese and Vietnamese who are all in cahoots to keep American soldiers captured long after the war for no good reason...dang those nasty foreign people from those other places you see on the map,with their strange ways and different religions!

Dont take any of this in the wrong context.My cynicism is directed at our governments who rape the world and lie not so cleverly in the process.To the media who cover for them.To the walking testicles who strole around in an unevenly balanced,testosterone fueled world and do their dirty work.To the uneducated people who believe tv to be the sole truth,forgetting amongst their relaxed empiricist ways that being spoon fed information from a biased source is no way to learn of the truth.To those who patriotically or religiously choose sides thus adding to the divide that seperates us all and unpowers us in the process.

All terrorism is evil no matter if its 'theirs' or 'ours'.I simply feel frustrated by the lack of empathy shown on our screens or in our papers towards all those human civilians who are losing their lives,their sons daughters and loved ones,their holmes and their livelihoods regardless of whos fault it is.Regardless of what nationality,religion,colour or language spoken.And im tired or being forcefully persuaded not to care about them or to believe things of them based on what im told to believe.Basically fuck off! I have my own mind and in doing so I refuse it to be moulded by the media,by easily accessible,comfortable,non offensive,biased living room information and I especially refuse not go out of my way to learn of the truth even if its almost impossible to gain.Yes im essentially powerless as a sole individual but thats doesnt stop me from wanting to know.

Noam Chomsky once said of the terrible tragedy of Sep 11 where so many poor poor souls lost their lives in such a dreadfully tragic way...

"Ask who did this,ask how they did this...but for heavens sake!...dont ask why!"

dt_20060811_animated.gif

LA-girl

cLavain said:
Wait! You've been very critical of Bush here and now you're travelling to the US..? hmmm... *phoning CIA* :wink:

Yeah I know, not a very good strategy at all! Why didn't I wait to attack him until after I get safe home again.... :roll:
And now I will probably have Bush, Arnold and the CIA in my heels for two weeks!!! 8O Some vacation!
On the positive side: At least it won't get boring! :mrgreen:

Terminator.jpg

black_mamba

scatmantom said:
I really wouldnt worry too much as now security is so tight there is not much chance of a bomber getting thru

Did you hear about the 12 year old kid who almost foiled the entire security system? 8O

LA-girl

black_mamba said:
scatmantom said:
I really wouldnt worry too much as now security is so tight there is not much chance of a bomber getting thru

Did you hear about the 12 year old kid who almost foiled the entire security system? 8O

Yet another sign.... :?: :?
So where did you guys hear that story? And do you have a link, or was it on TV maybe...?

IceLad

That's a big picture of Arnie, LA-girl! :)

I'm aiming to take a holiday abroad in the winter, and one of my fears is the prospect of going through the airport check-in procedures. I'm worried that I will panic so much at the airport that it will show in my face, and then the airport staff will think I'm dodgy and react accordingly.

So I can definitely feel for that woman who had the panic attack on the plane.

LA-girl

I watched United 93 this weekend, the movie about one of the planes hijacked by the terrorists at 9/11.
It was very realistic and kind of nerve-wrecking, especially considering me going abroad by plane in one week! :?

Have anybody else watched it btw?

Trailers and stuff:
http://www.united93movie.com/index.php#

United_93_02_1024.jpg

cLavain

LA-girl said:
I watched United 93 this weekend, the movie about one of the planes hijacked by the terrorists at 9/11.
It was very realistic and kind of nerve-wrecking, especially considering me going abroad by plane in one week! :?

Not yet. Don't tell me how it ends! :p

LA-girl

cLavain said:
LA-girl said:

Not yet. Don't tell me how it ends! :p

Come on! You did not even hesitate about reporting me to the CIA so I don't really see why I should obey your request here......
But since I am in such a good mood today (lucky you!) I will not spoil the movie for ya! :wink:
Hurry up though, you never know when my mood will change.... :p

LA-girl

Terrorists, snakes, panic-attacks......whatever!
LA-girl is going on that plane tomorrow and nothing is going to stop her!
:p :wink:
California here I come!!!
8) :D 8) :D

Shonen_Yo

LA-girl said:
Terrorists, snakes, panic-attacks......whatever!
LA-girl is going on that plane tomorrow and nothing is going to stop her!
:p :wink:
California here I come!!!
8) :D 8) :D

Perhaps a bad travel agent?