Owning up to mistakes!

SilentAndShy

So, been 6 months doing this job that I'm getting through OK, at times it's enjoyable doing what I'm good at.

Anyway, due to my anxiety and apprehension of talking to my boss who can be difficult to approach at times for fear of being shouted at; looking clueless; making a mistake etc, I made two mistakes which are going to bite me on my *** as it has implications.

So, a person e-mailed me to enquire about which representative of ours will be attending their meeting. I replied back and said I'd forward it my boss. This was about two months ago. I can't remember whether I didn't do that because I apprehensive of approaching her or whether I simply forgot, probably a case of both.

Fast forward to end of July, and this guy called me to enquire who would be coming. Again, I can't remember whether I didn't do that because I apprehensive of approaching her again or whether I simply forgot, probably a case of both.

Now, my boss went on annual leave and the meeting organiser got peeved why no-one was coming so I, alongside, a colleague got it resolved.

First time I spoke to my boss today about it, she said she was angry although she intimated there was other politics involved but she did ask why I didn't bring it to her attention when the guy called. I gave out some excuse which she bought. Now, she then asked whether there was anything else, she should know about (more than likely I gave it away that maybe I was hiding something) and out of panic of having been seen to make another mistake, said no.

Now, I'm going on here but my big fear is that she will find out about the e-mail few months ago and say, why did you not forward it to me?! She's planning to e-mail the person who was organising the meeting to discuss other issues and I fear I'm going to get found out and my boss won't be happy. I'm stressed because I don't know what to do.

Do I just leave it and hope that nothing comes back to me? (I thought of deleting that e-mail but the sender will have a copy most likely) or just front it up?

I'm not in the office for a few days, working out of town. I thought I could forward her the e-mail, call her and explain which would save it doing face to face but not sure how I would explain how I've come across this e-mail!

Struggling, what an awful Monday!