Outgoing + engaged + attractive colleague showing interest?!

steviegerrard489

Hi there,
There's this outgoing girl I have known for about 6 months who works in my office but in a different department. The reason I know her is because we are both on our company graduate training scheme, however, she joined the firm this year whereas I've been there since 2003.

I think she's nice but I'm never that comfortable around her because when we chat I never feel like I know what to say! It's just weird really. She always asks loads of questions...

The other day she came to my desk to ask for some help and after she had gone one of the managers made a few comments, ie that she was 'all over me'. I guess this was mainly because she was sitting very close and leaning towards me.

Well, I have noticed myself that she is quite flirty but I just don't know whether to read anything into it or not. I know she has been engaged to someone since she was 18 (now 22). She doesn't live with the guy though and I think it could be on the rocks. She mentioned something when we were at the pub once about 'not being engaged for much longer', and this didn't mean she was getting married!

I'm just wondering if I should try to make a move. We generally don't see each other from day to day but occasionally we might go out for drinks as a group or I might bump into her in the lifts or something. Occasionally she sends emails.

However, I don't really know 'what to do' to show my interest because I'm useless at flirting (except when drunk).

Also, as you probably know there are harassment laws in this country (UK)!!

Any ideas?

maggie

steviegerrard489 said:
Hmm, saw her today and the engagement ring was missing.
....hey steviegerrard489...if her ring is gone..and you have the courage..i would ask her if she is still engaged..then, if she says "no"..you can go on from there :wink:

steviegerrard489

..I looked her hands while she clutched a coffee cup - the ring was nowhere to be seen. Would explain her recent behaviour. I'm sure she likes me but I can't quite understand why?!! I mean, she's really outgoing and I'm quite the opposite; it just doesn't make any sense really! Nice, but this sort of thing rarely happens to me!

maggie

steviegerrard489 said:
..I looked her hands while she clutched a coffee cup - the ring was nowhere to be seen. Would explain her recent behaviour. I'm sure she likes me but I can't quite understand why?!! I mean, she's really outgoing and I'm quite the opposite; it just doesn't make any sense really! Nice, but this sort of thing rarely happens to me!
hey stevie...i think that sometimes maybe opposites do attract..and maybe she likes the strong, silent type :wink: