OCD with poor insight...confused

ocme

I am currently dealing with purely obsessional OCD focused on obsessing over the fact that I can't stop obsessing which will lead to endless ruminations. I know this sounds confusing but it is thoroughly anxiety provoking to me as I am fearing that I may lose control over my mind and end up a dysfunctional person in a mental hospital. This is how the fear plays out in my head.

My question relates to OCD with "poor insight" (overvalued ideation). How do I know if I have OCD with poor insight? The fear that I will never be able to stop obsessing over things is obviously abnormal behavior to someone without OCD but in context of having OCD it is not. Therefore is it reasonable for me to feel that given a diagnoses of OCD this obsessing about everything is actually a rational behavior for someone in my condition? If so would this mean that my OCD is of the poor insight type?

I am scared of this poor insight type of OCD in that it is said to be treatment resistant that is why I am now obsessing about it. The possibility that I could have a treatment resistant type of OCD makes my therapy useless and scares me to death!

Last edited: