OCD while you're sick

Buble

I normally have my OCD under control when I'm otherwise healthy, but when I'm sick it flares up badly.

I'll use a recent example. I've had my OCD under control for about 6 months now with no MAJOR flare ups. I've had a string of infections in the past month, ear and now bladder, and my OCD is back at full strength.

I'm sure you can related but in the last 24 hours I have "had":
Diabetes
AID's
Prostate Cancer
Hep C

After talking to the pharmacist about the relative rarity of male bladder infections, he told me it's uncommon but not unheard of and in fact, he has had them in the past before. The doctor on the other hand scared the crap out of me into thinking I was diabetic, with no risk factors at age 22, and I had myself already imaging taking insulin and dying in my 40's.

My CBT doesn't work in these circumstances and I find myself just trying to "ride it out". My family doctor knows of my OCD, and constantly is having to reassure me that I'm healthy. I had a full physical about a year ago, and I actually feel in really good health as well.

Can anyone here related to this and give me some advice?

OCD4Ever

That sucks...OCD is hard enough without having to deal with being sick too. Get better and combat that OCD.

pandamonium77

Im the same when I'm sick. I lay in bed all day looking for possible diseases that I "have"
Generally i worry about Cancer, meningitis, brain tumors, staph infection *which i just looked up the symptoms for and am completely convinced that i have it*, scarlet fever *which i have had already*, sinus infections, and a bunch of other things