OCD problem

dewrestle25

so recently ive been seeing a therapist over my ocd that i may have im very germaphobic about certain things and i have many intrusive thoughts i cant stop thinking about this time a few years ago when my grandfather crapped himself in the backseat of my parents car they disinfected it and all but i just cant sit there my family has no problem with it but i just feel disgusting when i do the other day i made the mistake of sitting there and then walking around the house and sitting in the chairs in my house now i feel that my whole house is disgusting and i cant relax i just want to be able to go through a day without feely dirty and not thinking about this my therapist says theres no reason to be upset about the seat and i need to get over it i want to know how everyone else feels about it and what you would do if you were me thanks and i hope to get some responses

AvinaKo

I wouldn't be able to get over it either. I still jump over spots where I know cats have puked at my gran's house--- over six years ago it may have happened, but I can't stop the feelings.

OCD-01

You fear contamination from any object which you touched after you sit in your parents car. I have similar problems as I too fear contamination and when this occur I feel anxious, disgusted and sick. I perfectly know what are your feelings. My thoughts are a bit more bizarre as I feel that some objects are able to influence negatively my mind and my perception of the reality. For example if I see a black or white stain on a window I fear to have that stain on my eyes or pressed in my mind forever and that I will see the world like a blind person. This and other insane thoughts are torturing me for 10 and more years now. I'm trying to ignore such thoughts but it is a very difficult task.