OCD in the military

Dudeman193

I am in the Navy and I have suffered with severe OCD since I was 8 or maybe even younger. I have problems such as my eyes continuously blink uncontrollably, I grind and click my teeth, and then I have every stereotypical aspect of it as well such as counting, touching, thoughts, and I feel as though I am losing my mind. I smoked weed a lot before I joined the Navy and it helped cope with it. Now I can't and have been in for 3 years. The past 3 months it has been getting worse and the past three days it has significantly increased. I almost wrecked last night because I couldn't keep my eyes open they were blinking so much. Today I saw a shrink on base because I have never had counseling. They are going to prescribe me some sort of meds on monday and counsel me weekly. I now have a wife and kid. I don't won't this affecting me this bad for the rest of my life. I can't even concentrate on any task at hand. I feel like I am losing control of myself. I have always hated having this crap and thought I would be able to beat it but now its kicking my ass!

Dudeman193

Other OCD things I do are if I look at something I have to look at it again and again until it feels right. Also if I get bad thoughts I repeatedly ask for forgiveness and look up and say amen like 50 f'n times! I strain my eyes to each side. I'm nuts I swear!

obsessive

so you've never had therapy before is that correct? You are also suffering from GAD i too suffer from this and OCD. Its Good that you are recieving treatment because the meds are supposed to help with the anxiety in general and the chemical imbalance in the brain. OCD can surround issues to do with blasphemy, sex and death. The thoughts are obsessive and cause alot of distress. You also have compulsions too. OCD is very distressing and causes great anxiety but there is treatment that is effective with meds and cognitive therapy. I'm not sure about your grinding, clicking and blinking eyes. This sounds like a different matter. Goodluck with the counselling.