Obsessive foot washing

Howdy! I wash the hell out of my feet...all the time. My hands too but they are so used to it, they're fine. I can't tell if they look equally as burnt as my feet... but my feet are burnt. This started in high school (I am 19 now and recently started college). We had a fairly open campus where everyone would walk around outside in their flip flops. I bought my own, platform kind, because I am short and I didn't like my feet being close to the ground and this way I wouldn't get my feet wet walking through puddles. I also viewed a lot of ugly feet around me and made sure mine were always in top condition. So over time I just started going in the bathroom and washing them more and more in the sink. I haven't even counted how many times a day I do this and I have tried to break the habit by wearing socks but they *somehow* come off. I always wash them with antibacterial soap and water, sometimes doing some nail maintenance at the same time, always with the water as hot as it can go. Sometimes I guess I just do it because it feels nice, sometimes because I feel like my feet are somewhat dirty. This has been going on for about a year now and I just need to quit it already. I take luvox but this is really something I need to make an effort to quit doing, as if I wear flip flops even in a dimly lit room, I get the "Hey, your feet look kinda burnt" comment. I have googled the hell out of this and most people have a problem with hands, I don't find much on foot soaking.

Anybody else have experience with this? How did you quit? Maybe I should start wearing shoes all the time except for when I sleep... I'm not bringing this problem to the doctor until I give up on figuring out how to stop this myself.