Nothing works!

Raymond

I've been under lexapro and prozac for ages now. But none of those works except make my anxiety even greater! I've been looking up on the net for different SSRI's and MAOI and recently, i've heard Nardil works great? but it seems that it has horrible side effects aswell. Seredyn also appeared in many of my searches as quite successful drugs. Has anyone heard about them?

Thanks!

maggie

Raymond said:
I've been under lexapro and prozac for ages now. But none of those works except make my anxiety even greater! I've been looking up on the net for different SSRI's and MAOI and recently, i've heard Nardil works great? but it seems that it has horrible side effects aswell. Seredyn also appeared in many of my searches as quite successful drugs. Has anyone heard about them?

Thanks!
hi Raymond! Sorry, i'm not much help in the medication dept., i just wondered if you've thought about any natural therapies instead? I know lots of times i've read on this site that meds are not for everyone and, in fact, can make you feel worse, with side effects and all. Likely there are some that know much more about medications and can help answer your question :)

kyle

Banned
Raymond said:

Thanks!

SSRI's are bland. They are overrated and expensive. Nardil is great. Possibly the best thing invented for SA. The "horrible side effects" are overrated. Some people don't like taking it because of the diet, but it works.

snail

I used Prozac for about 8 years and have been on Lexapro for 1. However, I must supplement them with Klonopin to combat the anxiety. I find that the anti-depressants alone aren't enough, and can cause me more anxiety. I don't take alot of the Klonopin, just .5 to 1mg every night, more if I'm having a really hard time. I do tend to sleep more than I should, but I'd rather be sluggish than anxious.

snail[/b]

kyle

Banned
Raymond said:
What are the best meds?

IMHO, Effexor is better than Prozac. It doesn't make me feel like quite the zombie any of the SSRI's (Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, etc.) do. I took Paxil/Wellbutrin combo a few years back, and that wasn't too bad. The best drug I've ever tried for deprression/SA is Nardil. It was the only drug that made me feel truly happy.