Not taking them on a regular basis

SocialRetahd

I didn't take my medication on a regular basis as a kid (im talking ssri's). I just took them whenever i felt like it. Anyone do the same, and does anyone think this damaged them in anyway?

Jegan

yea.. i do the samething sometimes.. I am suppose to be on Zyprexa .. my doctor prescribed this for 3 moths period time.. I have to go refill it it each month but I only took it for 1 month.. never went back to the drug store again.. this was back in February.. Damnnn.. I hated taking it. it only made me feel worst.. Never went back to the doctor again as well...
I cant say im feeling better though.. Cant tell the differnce.

SilentType

Banned
Jegan,
Don't fall into the same pit that I did! You blamed your doctor after the first route he /she took to curing your anxiety/depression. Many of us go through many medications before we find the one that work.

You would be surprised at how much the doctor will listen to what medications you think you should be taking, if any, of the ones that you've been taking. The doctor wants you to feel just as comfortable on your meds as you do, and if they aren't working, speak up and tell the doctor! They will come up with another plan to battle your anxiety, believe me.

You said yu were taking SSRIs. In many cases it takes a month or even longer to feel the effects of SSRIs. You may be right that the SSRI that you were taking is not right for you, but you probably should have given it some more time to work. I wish you well in finding the right medications that suit your illness.

Peace