not quite sure what to do

kaz07

hi, guys... im 20 yrs old and have a 3 year old.... i just have this fear of leaving the home alone... worried something will happen to either myself or my son and no one is there to help. i have a partner of 4 years and im able to go out with him to family etc.... quite a misserable life for my 3 yr old but my partner bless him takes him out every evening and all weekend, my doctor and health visitor say i have agoraphobia, but im not quite sure i have.... as im able to go out with my partner but not alone... i am happy for people to come to my home all day long... im fine with that.

i havnt had anytthing happen to me to make me be like this.. i had an awful childhood, so not sure if that is why.. but when i had my son 3 yrs ago. i was living in surrey and was able to go out alot.. since then i have moved to devon and things have gotten worse.. im so over weight and not going out

not sure what to do i have been refered to mental health for some help but not sure if they will/can help me.....

anyway thought i would post a topic.. hope everyone is ok!! just remember im sure you will all get better soon :D and have the life you all deserve!

rado31

kaz07 said:
. i am happy for people to come to my home all day long... im fine with that.

Hi there. Thanks for your wishes. If u like other people visiting you , then
u certainly arent SP . This is obviously agoraphobia, i m sometimes agoraphobic , and as i rember the basic solution is in small steps-one day
u try to walk just around your house, then try to go little further (when u feel apropriate) , if u go accompanied with your partner-that is good, too.

Last september, and october i practically didnt go anywhere (i was experimenting something with some drug) , after i quit it , it was a hell to
go again outside. I dont like chemistry, i see that as a total defeat.