NOT exercising helps hyperhidrosis????

epiccomp

I have researched and not found anyone else with this symptom. I have exercised my whole life (cycling, running, weight training etc.) and have always suffered from extreme sweat attacks when not exercising (at work, night sweats etc. especially when anxious). Recently I had an injury that kept me “out of the game” (not exercising) for about 3 months. My hyperhidrosis essentially disappeared during the time I was NOT exercising. As soon as I did my first workout, I immediately started having sweat attacks again at work, in social situations and at night etc. This seems exactly opposite of typical. I need to stay active for general health but it is ruining other areas of my life due to profuse sweating. Does anyone have any insight as to what might be going on?

Alon_Ov

Intresting... i too am a sport fan myself. I'll check it out. Mabey it has to do with high levels of adrenalin

JayHender

Some people can experience extreme sweating when related to a place. Let me I
Give you an example fro, my own life. I have HH and sweat nearly all the time however there is the rare moments I don't sweat, however I go to this community hall once a week and every time I am there without fail my hand are crazy sweating. Like so bad and once I leave they seem to still sweat but less. This is a sorta partern. It sounds like your brain perhaps accosiates sweating when you go to exercise at a certain place or even when you start doing a certain thing. The way to check if this is the case is look for a patern in your sweating if there is one there then this could be why you stopped sweating as much when you were injured. Another thing you mentioned was anxiety brings on your sweating, when resting up there isn't much anxiety at all (I speak from experience 9months recovering from a broken leg) therefore reducing sweating. Perhaps you even feel anxiety at the gym or wherever you are? Which leads to more sweating? Let me hear what you think just talking from my own experiences.