..nnb

sidney

Aww i knw how u feel why dnt u ask ur sis these things like why does she treat u the way she does? and tell ur parents about ur SPthen they mite beable to help if u explain how bad it is and how bad u r feeling.As for ur BF if he leaves u for sum1 just cus they're prettier then thats not the type of shallow guy u wanna be with :D im sure u hav a lovely personality,i often find that ppl who suffer frm something like SP can relate to others vry easily who confide in you about their problems and ppl like to beable to realte to sum1 about them so im sure ur gd at that?make urslef like the agony aunt and in time ppl will feel comfortable round u and vice versa cus wen u knw others feel worried bout other stuff just like urself then u start to relax aswell!
in skool dnt worry about making a fool outta urself just think that ur human every1 in ur class has probably already been embarassed this yr about sumthin or other n if u do then just laugh about it so wat they wnt remember it:lol: maybe u shud get help from ur doctor about ur SP

sidney

Well why dont you find a eb page that explains SP really well,tell ur parents then make them read it to see how bad it can sumtimes get?they cant argur with that

emmdee

I honestly do not know what to say...i know exactly how you feel, but i was never good at expressing things either.
Well, just like the person before me said - try to tell your parents what they have done. Try to tell your sister too. E-mail them a webpage if you are too nervous. Maybe they love you more than you think they do, maybe they'll take you to therapy and try to correct their mistakes as well. Who knows what could happen?
If not... well, then why should you give a crap about them if they don't give a crap about you? Just ignore them and focus on you for a while. Slowly try and make some new friends at school. Every week, try to talk to somebody new. Then, a month or two from now, take it to the next step and get some emails or phone numbers and call them - try to talk to them for 5 minutes. Then, in a couple of weeks, try 10. Then, in a month, ask them to go out to the movies or something with you.
No matter how shy or nervous you may feel - don't cancel. This is actually really what therapy is - it's just slowly facing your fears, because facing your fears is really the only way to get over them.

So try your best to mingle. And know who your real friends are. You can always rely on them for support. Your boyfriend may be the best tool for that if you are serious. Just remember that whatever happens will happen. Slowly open yourself to him as best you can and see how he reacts. If he leaves you, obviously he wasn't the right one for you. You'll find someone better. If he stays - you've got something i've never experienced.

emmdee

We've all felt like that - especially myself.
If you are too scared to try the therapy yourself, then try a formal therapist. It may be hard with your family situation but do whatever you can to get yourself there.

And if you don't want to meet anyone, you don't have to. It's not really about the mingling (Although if you find someone you like it's considered a benefit), it's about getting over your fears and conquering them. It's about being able to go to the social events that your boyfriend has probably been wondering why you don't want to go (and it's not even your fault ! =[ ). It's about talking to people in general - and the only way you can get over your fears is to face them. Whatever ticks you, slowly try to get over it.

That's what therapy makes you do because that's the only way to do it. It might be harder doing it by yourself (It's so easy to tell yourself you'll do it tomorrow night and put it off), which is why therapy works better than yourself in the first place. But if you think you can stick to it then try. That's all you can do.