nightmares...

italiano

hello people, im just wonderin if any one gets this......recently (over past couple of months) i have been gettin lots of nightmares, but not random ones, they always relate to something in my life whether it be friends family or thoughts or situations i have been in.... and now i dread goin to sleep because i just dont want to have nightmares....wen i wake up i never go back to sleep....would anything help to sleep better?? apparently the nightmares are because of the depression etc but i dno...can any one relate to this or is it jus me having these bad sleeps lol???

Quixote

How about some music to help you slip softly into sleep. Or reading in your bed. The last task your brain carries out before falling asleep is important in determining what happens inside it afterwards, I think, and if yours (like mine, all too often) is to keep reflecting on all that is wrong in your life, it doesn't help for sure... :)

Hookstra

Sleep

I have 2 SPs, social phobia and sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis is basically where you fall asleep, but seconds later are awake but can't move. Usually, during that I see hallucinations and stuff as well. I hear screaming noises during it too, which probably is attributed to the fact that noise irritates me normally. And my sleep during school nights is horrid because I basically constantly dream. I remember my dreams like they really happened. It's not a good thing, but yeah, a good 7/10 of them are nightmares.

Clash

I used to get nightmares about my highschool days. Or about my best friends who do really fucked up shit to me. It's sad.

italiano

i to think that my dreams happened, i cant distinguish between my dreams and real life sometimes, your right it is horrible, i have a check up in a couple of weeks to see how the anti depressants are working so i will be sure to bring the subject up. before i go to bed now i have been drinking camomile which is meant to help sleep better but has yet to work :?

Danfalc

Banned
I have some really horrible violent dreams which are really graphic.. wouldnt call them nightmares cos im not scared during them.. but when i wake up i feel horrible.. because the dreams can be quite disturbing. :?

I havnt had them all my life so maybe sometimes dreams can be down to medication or maybe just your brain working things out... while you sleep i really dont know.And i think socratic has some good ideas... i tend to get em sometimes when im stressed sometimes aswell.