Newbie Anxious wreck

sandy04

Hey guys! just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Sandy... 19 years old. I've suffered from what everyone always thought was extreme shyness during my childhood.. but then once I warmed up to people I was the loudest kid in the room. However through the years.. I feel as though I can't live a normal life with my anxiety and SF. Whatever I am engaging in.. the whole time i'm thinking about what other peolpe are thinking, what's going on, etc. My heart starts pounding and I can't take it. I've also found it extremely hard to have relations with guys because sometimes I feel as though I psychically can't do it because of the anxiety. blaaaah... but I'm glad I found this forum of people who can probably understand what goes on throughout the day. I look forward to learning a lot from your posts and experiences :)

Anonymous

Hi Sandy! :)
Welcome to the site! :D

Yep, this is a very bumpy road we all travel :( but it IS a blessing to share the bumpy ups & downs with the members here!

Best wishes!

neddy

Hi Sandy,

Welcome. Keep reading the forums and posting as you will find they will help you alot. I wouldn't worry too much about wondering what the other people are thinking about as it only makes the problem worse. With social phobia and anxiety we are usually very self conscious and think everyone is looking at us and talking about us but they arent. Take little steps and remember that each time you go out that there are other people in the room as nervous as what you are but they are trying not too let it show.

Tris

Hi Sandy, My name is Kristan im 20, ive been coming to this website for a little while now, and its helped me out....its just nice to know that im not a big freak and its really a problem, before i came here i knew something was wrong but didnt know exactly what, i thought i was just shy, but its far more then that when you cant ever pick up the phone! i think ive gotten a little better with help and just talking about it, its so weird how i relate to almost everything people say here about the way they feel, its like im reading about myself, i just wanted to say hi and welcome you!

: ) : )