newbi...looking for support

hi my name is stacie, im almost 17 and i have social anixiety disorder..i was diagnosed by my school psychologist my junior year of high school, but i have been feeling this way since i was like nine or ten. i aslo suffer from depression. a doctor has not told me i am depressed... i just know...with the kind of thoughts that run through my head its kind of obvious. anyways i was just wondering if anyone here has parents or someone in there life that does not believe anything about what they are going through. i do and it hurts. i try telling my mom all the time why i feel the way i do and do the things i do but all she says is that im just defiant and i want attention.. seriously...she actually believes i fake being anxious and throw up just to get people to notice me.. i hate it...im the only person in my family who understands me...and it sucks...lifes never fun when you feel alone...well anyways i was just wondering... :cry:

4myself

Hi never-free,
I agree with nick, maybe getting your school psychologist to talk to your parents would be a good idea. Actually I think Nick is right on every count so I didnt really need to post this :lol: . Just try and make yourself your number one priority, even though it is hard when you dont see eye to eye with your family, you have to take care of yourself because you are the only you you've got. Maybe if you are serious about helping yourself then your family will start to take you seriously as well, and Nick is probably right maybe they are concerned about how this will reflect on them.
By the way, I think that it is great that you are not just passively accepting the doctors diagnosis about depression, you know yourself better than anyone else.
I hope things work out for you and that you keep posting on here.

Boundless

Seems the most logical step,im not sure if my mother and father belive me or not but they supported me non the less,but my step mother made me feel like a worthless piece of crap for a good 2 years i was there :( she didnt belive anything was wrong with me she made an example of me to her 2 children the good old "you dont want to grow up like him do you" to her children,him been me of course putting me down all the time instead of trying to see if anything was wrong with me.

I felt like running away at times,i used to dread her coming back from work i just hoped she would be in a good mood but that was rare,i used to get it if she had a bad day tho,allways did it behind my fathers back so he didnt know and i never told him as i didnt think he would belive me anyway.

sensitive

you seem you have had hard moments in your life, Boundless :? . i have a lot of sympathy for you and my other mates. i am almost like you, never_free my mom is not sensitive at all she knows that i have SA because she was with me when i first went to a psychiatrist. we (my siblings and i) are used not to tell mom our true feelings and thoughts :? . unlike most mothers, she is tough, difficult etc. she simply doesn't understand me. once we were at a public place (specifically at the airport) i told her i don't feel comfortable around people, she looked at me surprisingly and said stop saying things like that, you are fine and nothing is wrong with :? .

thanks you guys...a you are all very helpful....SENSITIVE...thats how my mom is...always telling me that i need to get over all this and thats its all in my head... i would like to take my mom to talk to my school;s pyschologist but i just recently moved from orange county to florida so i really cant....i wish i could because that would be the best thing for me to do inorder for her to understand how i feel.....i reall want her to understand because since we moved it getting worse....so is my depression....mush worse....theres not a night i dont think about doing the unthinkable....its wierd though...my mother always says im selfish...but if she knew the only reason i havent actually gone through with the unthinkable is because i dont want to cause her anymore pain....only if there was a way to come out to her and say that to her she would at least try and understand....well its seems as if im rambling on so i guess im going to go....thanks again

Farrizle

i sympathisize,that can be the worst thing,& it doesn't do your mind any good.but with any luck she'll come around eventually.try n c a psychologist at ur new school,or try & get in touch with 1 where u live,& get them 2 speak 2 ur mum.1 thing i've learnt about the crazy thoughts that go through your head...it's that they're difficult to get rid of,but it is possible.be positive,be strong,be confident in yourself,& remember that u're already a better person than a lot of ppl for having to go through with what you do! :)

yeah!!! stay positive and keep a open, optimistic mind. I read that just having a different thought about things may turn out will usually lead to a better day then the day before. I know that sounds stupid but I have made an observation that people can live happy with a strong positive mind and will to get up and keep walking. I once knew a man who got the message from the doctor that he was going to die within three months from when he was told. He lived a little more then two years. He got to the point wear he felt like he was a burden and useless. Two weeks leter he died. I think the way people think about how much they want something or there ability to make it through a problem really makes a difference. Stay strong and be positive. Confushus said " It doesn't rain everyday. This is good news garunteed