New to the Forum and New to Panic Attacks

frostangel

Hi all. I am new to the forum and fairly new to having what I think are panic attacks (at least according to what I researched). I have never really had this happen before, so forgive me if I get wordy. :)

About 1 year ago I started traveling for my job, not often, but I have been to anther location about 4 times in 1 year. We only have 2 locations, one in which I live and work and the other where I travel too. The very first time I came here (I am currently at the other location, which is 1 state away), I was an emotion wreck, I enjoy flying, so I don't think that was a cause for my distress. It's renting a car and driving and the worry of not getting home that makes me freak out. On top of being by myself in a strange city with only people I work with, and that's if someone comes with me.

I get sick to my stomach, I can't eat, I can't focus very well, because I am so anixous to get home, I can't stop counting the hours! I get really sweaty, my hands tingle and I feel like I can't breathe. I hate these feelings, because I know they are not realistic and I know I am safe and sound, but my body freaks out! I hate traveling! I try to tell myself positive things and it helps a little, but I get a cluster of these attacks at once and then I am ok for a few hours, then it starts again.

Now my boss wants me to come up here more and I want to do this, but I am struggling to get over this thing. So I wanted to find a forum and get some support. I really need it!

elizabeth86

Hi and welcome!
I'm very new to this forum too. Also new to social anxiety disorders, but am finding this forum very helpful.
Have you spoken to a doctor yet?

schmoopy

You'll find so many great tips here, i'm sure your anxiety will lesson just after a few minutes of reading. Take care. You are not alone.