New to forum

harlan

Hi everyone. Been on Paxil since 2000 and recently, my doc increased my dose because my OCD traits are coming out more. I have a lot of things on my mind, am a chronic worrier, and am more anxious than usual. I've been waking up lately boo-hooing and really have to drag myself out of bed. By early afternoon, usually I'm ok. It really doesn't make sense to me how I can wake up feeling so bad but go to bed feeling good.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

asubscriber99

usually paxil don't have much of side effects.
your symptoms most probably caused by depression, dragging yourself out of bed, and improved mood by evening is major symptom.

ocd is associated with depression in about 67% of cases, but the problem is that paxil is used to treat depression as well.

i think you need to see your doctor to reevaluate your situation and treatments.

harlan

re: new to forum

Thanks asubscriber99 - I could see being depressed but man oh man I wish the morning boo-hoos would go away. It is really draining.

rspring90

I think you go to bed feeling a relief that you won't worry anymore (while you sleep). When you wake up, you feel as if the OCD is right there waiting for you. It's almost like a habit, cause you fear the OCD could "arrive" anytime in the morning, cause it's been habitual.

I've been on Paxil too, and I'm not sure it's the best drug for OCD. I have similar situations where I wake up and feel anxious. Be confident, that seems to lessen the OCD.