New Television Series Looking for People with Phobias

Kare

A major U.S. television network is currently looking for people with phobias who are willing to try hypnosis as a form of treatment. Hypnosis sessions are free but you MUST be willing to be filmed. Please contact the producers at [email protected]

testobot

I would only do that if they blacked out my face and disguised my voice :lol: Maybe if the hypnosis actually worked then I would agree- verbally and in writing to allow my face to be shown :D

It would be ok if the people waching that show couldn't find out which phobia I had, cuz they would judge me the wrong way and not understand, ya know? I would probably already be nervous as hell. But if that dude could help me without having to go on that camera, then that would be perfect.

If going on t.v. would help social phobia, then I would do it. I might do that one day. I'm not a psychic_I mean I might go on to speak about the condition, ya know.

loneEAGLE

:evil: its all b.s. ,the sole reason people watch other people with problems is feel better about themselves,and sa seems like a new unexplored angle for tv to exploit !!

Warlock

Maybe the show will raise awarenss if they say "we got these people with social phobia and we are going to try to hypnotize them".

I absolutely hate being videotaped. I can't stand to watch myself on video tape, or to hear my voice.

pyzunia

if something like this was in my country Poland, then I surely want to try...but unfortunately in Poland nobody is interested about healing people suffering from social phobia and it is very sad :(

i wouldn't care what other people could say and think about me. i just want to cure myself from this horrible illness, no matter how.

renegade

I don't want the whole world to see me when i'm anxious like hell, UNLESS this hypnosis works and would finnaly cure SP.

Or i would do it if my identity isn't revealed, hide my face and distort my voice a little as someone said, and of course change my official data. :)

Come to think of it, are people looking for someone to laugh at or what ? I'm sceptic about this tv shows. I don't belive that they would cure you live on TV. The only good thing about it is that ppl can find that they have a phobia that they didn't knew about, one as masked as SP.

Predacon

If you go on a show like that they are going to want to show your face, seeing a persons reactions is the main point. Plus I can just imagine they have some big test you have to overcome at the end to prove it worked like giving a speech in front of a lot people or something like that. The way I see it if you're brave enough to volunteer for the programme in the first place, you probably didn't need the treatment in the first place. Afterall whats going to bring more attention to you, then going on a Television show.

pjam76

TV

Most people who go on any "reality" Tv show want to be on tv. They want to become famous. Most of these "people" have no real desire to have any real talent, it's just to become famous.

And it's tv... It's all about drama... SOme people who have SA might get through something like this if it's not in the extreme sense.

But at the end of the day, TV is all about drama. So there will be fights, arguments, overacting, and everything else under the sun..............

Plus half these shows provide tons of alcohol.. For the most part, Drunk people are a lot more entertaining then boring sober ones. And it's TV..

Most people who will be "PICKED" to go on these shows will claim to have had "SA" or claim they were once "SHY" but the truth is, if you're willing to go on some Reality TV Show where you will be embarrassed by your actions and inactions, you probably don't have SA.