New, pesamistic & terrified

Anonymous

Hi guys! i just found SPW. Hoping this & the meds will get me half normal (anyone know what normal is?). bit nervous about this as never used chats b4. Keep feeling that my prob really isn't as bad as other peoples. i can just about cope with life. Not that i do much- therapy groups for array of psychological crap... Can't see myself ever being 'a useful member of society' it's just too scary.
Does this get any easier???????

Chilling__Echo

hi sweetie, with time it does get easier. it takes a possitive outlook and perserverance. you'll learn techniques that will help you in social situations as you gain more confident with your meds. you'll find relief, if not with one drug, it'll be another. there are plenty of options.

just give it time to kick in and you'll deffinately see a difference in yourself and maybe one day you won't even need the medication. make sure to give yourself time, you won't change over night, but it takes practice. good luck

Nie

worrydoll said:
Can't see myself ever being 'a useful member of society' it's just too scary

dont worry about being that...just try and be fairly happy...anything else is bonus...fairly happy people become useful to society by default :)
I'm with worrydoll..
Subject of your life is you. Not society.
You must be happy and look after yourself.
That way you take responsibility, like everyone.
And you become a member of society automatically.
If you can't, you're like me .x

Hey, welcome to the site :)

Don't worry about trying to fit in, it generally happens naturally over time, took me ages to get comfortable posting here, but after you meet some people you click with it does get easier. Also, don't worry about not having SA as bad as some others here, everyone here has different levels of SA and other anxiety problems ect, and we're not here to judge you on whether or not you should be here. If you feel you need to talk to people here to see if it can help, you're very welcome to.