new on here with ocd

tattoo

Hello, 40's male w/ wife older kids. Average guy with one exception ocd that started in my twenties. The big trigger was after my mother passed away in my late twenties. Before that it was little stuff that would come and go. Now it is turned into pretty much consuming my life. I just want a normal life like most people. Is it possible? My ocd is fear of contamination. Once my hands are clean I can't touch anything that I have not personally cleaned or disenfected. When I go out I try not to touch anything with one clean hand except for my cell, stearing wheel, wallet, keys. etc stuff that I feal is non contaminated because I keep it that way. My other hand I can touch most stuff that i feel is clean or disease free. If something gets cross contanimated I am stressed to the max until I can get home wash and disenfect everything again. Anything that is or was on the floor is contaminated. Anything that I have cleaned has to be recleaned if someone touches it. Doorknobs are a big problem. I have been on prozac for almost two years and up to 60mg, 80 was too much along with klonopin. They have helped some with the stress of everything. Lately I have been using rubber gloves alot and they help with the cleaning and stress, also they have helped with me not needing to wash as much. Anything someone sits on is also dirty to me. For example I can't touch a piece of paper or anthing if it was on a chair. I feel my life is torture , and I don't even know how I keep functioning a somewhat normal life. Has anyone else out there gone throgh any of this and is there any hope or does it just keep going and getting worse. I am sure most people notice but I have only talked to my wife about it any my psychiatrist