NEW METHOD!?

Gmoney2030

:?:
Background: I am 37 and had sucessful ETS in 1999 with Dr. Spratt for, primarily HH of hands. Unfortunately, my 7 year old daughter has very bad HH of hands.

I was doing some research the other day and found two interesting topics:
1. PTPS; this form of ETS uses an injection of Phenol into the nerve versus cutting/clamping. It is done using a CT scan to insure the exact location of the injection. Has anyone heard of this? Pros? Cons?
2. Lotan's Hook; this is specifically for ETS in children.

Please don't respond with "I can't believe you are thinking about his for your child" or any variation of this.

Thanks,
Gary

HexNoir

Ooh. A 7 year old? Can't say I'd feel right doing that. Actually, it kind of hurts to read to tell you the truth, Gary. I feel kind of bad being a part of this thread, myself.

Gmoney2030

Opinion

With all due respect for this board and your values, I am not interested in how you feel about decisions I make with my child. I am interested in finding a way to help my child with her HH in a safe way.

There's some links and information about it in the sticky thread, under 'CT fluroscopy'.

I don't know that much about it but a lot of people who are pretty clued up on ETS say it's basically "chemical sympathectomy".. using chemicals to destroy the nerves instead of the ETS method. I would advise against it personally because the side effects are probably the same and it's not been widely used to my knowledge.