New & in need of advise

bing

So Im new too all of this...the reason I even found this helpful site is I was trying to find as much info as I could on SA. I need to try to get my bf to understand what its like, I know he wants to help but when I try to explain how I feel my mind goes blank and I cant really explain anything. Does anyone have any tips on helping a loved on see as well as they can what it is like for us. He always wants me to go out and be around people with him and I just cant do it. (he is very social) Alot of people think Im being a snob but Im just deathly shy... I want to get help and over come this but my first step is helping him understand so he can help me through.............
Again Im new....
Thx :?

maggie

hiya bing..welcome :!: ..i haven't ever told anyone of my anxiety :oops: ..so i can't really be of much help ...but, i think it's a pretty positive first step that you have told him at all..i guess i would just say that you feel awkward in social settings and may take some time to get used to certain situations..and take it one step at a time.. :wink:

Anonymous

maggie said:
hiya bing..welcome :!: ..i haven't ever told anyone of my anxiety :oops: ..so i can't really be of much help ...but, i think it's a pretty positive first step that you have told him at all..i guess i would just say that you feel awkward in social settings and may take some time to get used to certain situations..and take it one step at a time.. :wink:

don't do that to your lovely cat!!!! :roll:

maggie

Anonymous said:
maggie said:

don't do that to your lovely cat!!!! :roll:
hiya! my kittie loves his limey head...can't you tell by the smile on his face? :wink:

renegade

How to make a very social person what SA is? This is very tough. Even if you explained by the book, he would still look at you numb cause he doesn't know how it FEELS.

You can try to let a psichiatryst explain to him what SA ppl go through and how should he behave with you to ease the anxiety in social situations.

Good luck :wink: