New here.

jessicaa

Hi, My name is Jessica I'm 18, I have had SP since I was 9 or 10. It's nice to know I am not the only one out there. It's hard for me to make friends because I'm to quiet & people just think I am being stuck up or something like that. I do have a few close friends back home in Thunder Bay, ON. But since I have moved to Edmonton I have not met anyone. It's been pretty tough. I've tryed to work, But I would dread going, trying to find any excuse not to go. This has pretty much taken over my life. I was diagnosed with it when I was 14 and I turned to alcohol so i could be more open and sociable. I had help with the drinking. When I go out I feel as if everyone is staring and judging me. I feel as if no one understands me, they just tell me to get over it and be an adult. I guess they don't understand that it's not that easy. My family kind of understands me. But.. I'm not really sure on what else I can say. It took me about a half hour to type this, I would type it out then erase over and over.

Hiya and welcome :) don't worry about writing stuff and then deleting it, a lot of us do that, I used to when I first joined, but after a while you will probably get more confident about posting.

Indecisive

Hi Jessica welcome. I've done the whole typing then deleting messages also. Your message is very clear and easy to read, mine tend to be random ramblings that go on and on and...well you get the idea :lol:. You'll find that this forum give you a chance to express how you feel with others who understand what you are doing thru.

Septor

Yea I understand what your going through with the whole type and erase thing.When I first started posting online I would sit for hours writing out long messages and then erasing them and starting the whole thing over.I did it mainly because I was afraid that I would sound stupid and it was hard expressing my feeling.

Although I still have problem with it sometimes,the good thing is with time it will get easier and this is a perfect place to pratice it because people here will understand where your coming from.

Never forget that there are people that understand what you are going through and you are never alone.I hope coming here will help you understand and help you feel better.Good luck Jessicaa