New here too!

marti

Hi all
Another new person, wondering if i am in fact having panic attacks or what else is it. I had my first one about 5 months ago. it coincided with me startingto date again after leaving a very long term relationship. When i was with my new man i was fine. when i was alone I started to worry about when i'd see him again. This then made me anxious and full of worries. No i get these attacks almost daily. But if I know i'm seeing himself that night I am ok. Why am i like this? I was never like this before. I used to be quite independant. i've spoken to him about them but didnt mention the link with him.
take tonight. i know he's out on a christmas nite and I will see him on sunday. but i'm sitting here crying, and feeling a need to be with people who i can talk to. I feel so lonley. i dont enjoy my own company anymore, and thats such a shame. my family live an hour away, otherwise i'd be there all the time.
I hope theres someone out there who knows what i'm going thru, in this odd way.

Helyna

Was it really a panic attack? Some possible symptoms: difficulty breathing, stomachache, nausea, dizziness, sweating, chills, chest pain, feeling of having a heart attack. What you described is general anxiety, the thoughts coming suddenly.
It's an awful time of year to feel alone and depressed, isn't it?