Need some insight...

corranhorn

...from all you veterans. I don't post much but I'm having an interesting experience. I know that everybody's physiology is different, but I hope there are some parallels with other people here. Please pardon the backstory, sometimes I drone on. If you want to skip it all and see my question, please go to the numbers! I appreciate any insight.

I recently got divorced so I've really been trying hard to cure or slightly reduce HH because I'm still young and want to date. One of the best qualities I remember about my ex wife was that she accepted my HH and never once mentioned it in almost 8 years of marriage (yet my personality wasn't good enough!). She would hold my hand, do things with me, etc and it never once phased her, even when we first met. Anyway, I never made it a priority to find treatment.

I started with the cheap, easy solutions. I tried sage tea, no effect. I tried prescriptions like robinul, which dried me out everywhere but hands and feet. I tried magnesium, no effect tried Green Vibrance ( a superfood), no effect. I tried eating nothing but fruits, veggies, and only water, and running 3 or 4 miles a day for a while, no effect. All those things made me feel better, but my hh remained moderate too severe and never changed.

I ramped up my approach recently. I ordered a drionic machine and drysol from canada. I tried the drysol and have been on it for a week. This leads me to a series of question:

1) How do you apply it? I use a cotton ball. I notice if it gets on the tops of my fingers or wrists where there is no HH, I break out in rashes, but on my hands it turns white and stays white.

2) I noticed my hands stay "dry" and cracked and I have noticed a significant reduction in sweating. My hands look like I lay bricks all day, even when a little sweat breaks through. My hands still sweat, but not nearly as much. I can even feel the sweat coming but not as much pops out. My fingers sometimes swell up like water balloons, and I found that hilarious. Anyone else notice this?

3) Do you wear gloves at night? I noticed that only vinyl gloves work with sweaty palms, so I wear those.

4) How often do you use it, and when do you run out? I use it nightly so far, and I bout the 37.5 ml bottle from canada.

5) My main question... For those who use drysol and ionto simultaneously... how do you do it? Each one nightly? Alternate nights? Also... drysol makes my hands dry to the point of appearing white and cracked.... is that painful with into?

6) What is the overall reduction percentage wise with ionto+drysol for those who've tried? So far, I'd like to think that drysol has given me a 30-40% reduction. I'm hoping for a 75% reduction using ionto, drysol, and of course the sage tea, magnesium, vitamins, etc daily.. cant hurt right?

7) Im doing treatment now and its spring, so the temperature is moderate. Do you notice more sweating in the summer, or is the overall sweating the same year round, if treatment is effective?

Thanks to all, sorry for the long winded post.

Last edited:

CharlesN

Corranhorn, I hope the drionic works for you. I tried Drysol and it had limited if any results. Ionto has worked wonders. Like magic. I do treatments once a week 40 minutes per polarity.

I think if the ionto does work for you, you won't need the drysol.

But glad that it is having some positive effects for you already.

Enjoy your second bachelorhood...

Cheers!

corranhorn

Hey man thanks for the info. What machine do you use? I bought a drionic for 180 bucks new. It looks like its made out of Legos. I cant afford the nice machines (800 dollars and up) and I didn't have any luck finding a quality used one for a good price on ebay.

I read a blog about this guy who had gotten the ETS and had sweating all over. He made an ionto contraption that you use in a bath tub to do whole body treatments. Sounds lethal.

CharlesN

Wow, I couldn't imagine doing the whole body. I don't think complete lack of sweating would be a good thing - as u need it to regulate body temperature... I find my overall sweating has greatly decreased once i started ionto, but I still sweat a lot on the treadmill or doing an insanity workout. As it should be... I've also lost 27 lbs in the past 10 weeks (about the timeframe of the ionto). So I'm not sure if that has contributed in some fashion as well. Never really thought about it til just now. But thinking about it, it's got to have helped, right?

As far as my machine - I made my own device using 4 6V lantern batteries after watching a youtube video. Search for homemade iontophoresis, it was one of the first hits. I am not an engineer and frankly have no experience building stuff, but the instructions were straightforward and simple even for me and all the parts were easily accessible. It took 5 treatments for it to show some any real reduction, and by 7-8 it was 90% healed. By the 10th and ever since, it's been pretty much dry. I use lotion on my hands now to keep them from getting too dry. How crazy is that!

I have been using some Avert (glycopyrrolate) mixed in to the water - but some more experienced members here have said maybe it's not doing anything. I still do it because the cost of the capsules to me is worth it if it is helping even a little. I am using 3 2 mg capsules (it's a powder inside) per litre of water. A litre of water in each tray. I am using aluminum pans I bought from a grocery store for $8 each. I bought stainless steel ones first, but then after some research decided aluminum was the safer bet. I started with disposable $1 aluminum pie plates - and reached full dryness using them. But they would get a leak after a few uses. Some clips and wire at the hardware shop ($50 worth) and $40 worth of lantern batteries.

I bought some plumbing foam to line the edge of the tray where my forearms rest.

I have a cooking timer I use to keep track of time before switching the leads on the pans to reverse the polarity. 40 minutes per.

I basically wake up before the family and do my "maintenance treatment" while watching a movie once a week - I look forward to it because of what it represents. I hope the drionic works for u. It's definitely been life-changing for me.

Good luck,

SweatParty

corranhorn, sorry to hear about the divorce... that is really amazing to find someone who doesn't ever comment or complain about sweaty hands.

When shaking hands with people, you usually get some odd look or occasionally a small comment about sweatiness. Recently I shook a random person's hand (who I had only met once before), and he was so shocked that my hand was wet, and he yelled out "Whoa, your hands are really sweaty!!!". I actually found it kind of funny because it was the strongest reaction I've had in quite a long time, and also mainly because I really have no care for or relationship with this person. Of course, I usually just try to avoid shaking hands with people.

Jezza

I agree with CarlesN's post that if you do ionto meticulously you probably don't need to use the drysol on your hands. I personally found that Aluminium Chloride solutions don't really work on hands anyway (I've only had some success with them on my armpits). Furthermore if it scratches your skin to the point of cracking that will sting quite a lot with ionto, especially on DC (I have no experience of ionto with pulsating current). I've done treatments with open cuts on my hands but it definitely isn't pleasant, especially the first few moments and then after a while the hurt gets worse as well, sometimes to the point of having to stop the treatment. In the manual it says you can apply vaseline on nicks and cuts but I didn't found it helpful.

I personally try to do about 4 treatments a week, 15 mins on both polarities for both hands and feet. I use an Idromed 4 DC with a custom tray for my feet so they can fit and be completely covered with water (I found that only the area covered by water gets treated, this in spite of some theories that say as the current runs to your entire body (that largely consists of water) it treats the whole body, which is a bogus theory IMO).

Lastly, could you give me a link for the blog you speak of by the ETS guy who made himself a full body ionto device? I actually thought about the possibility of doing that. I don't think it's necessarily dangerous.

Amherst

Jezza, you can also go to google and type in Stangerbad (or Stangerbäder) or Vierzellenbad (or Vierzellenbäder), and you can find a lot of information on how these things are constructed. Sounds like your German is quite good. I don't know whether these exist outside of German spas and rehab centers.

0707129r

I'm surprised glyco did not work for you as it works best on hands/feet. Maybe the dose was too low?

If you're looking at topicals, I found antihydral to be far more effective than ACl topicals. It is fairly harsh, but you'd be looking at 80% plus dryness with weekly use (after initial 4 day buildup).

Jezza

Jezza, you can also go to google and type in Stangerbad (or Stangerbäder) or Vierzellenbad (or Vierzellenbäder), and you can find a lot of information on how these things are constructed. Sounds like your German is quite good. I don't know whether these exist outside of German spas and rehab centers.

Yeah I'm aware of those, yet like you say other than in German health spas they're pretty much not around and even in Germany many of the full baths (which is what I'd look for) are being replaced with the Vierzellen variety that are not much more useful to me than the regular ionto unit.

To go to Germany on a frequent enough basis for it to work is not possible, so I've thought about making my ionto machine into a full bath contraption somehow. At the very least I'd be interested to see what the aforementioned blog guy has come up with.

On a side note; yeah I can understand German pretty well cause many of the words are pretty similar to Dutch :). It's a lot tougher to write or speak it correctly though, but as a bit of a car fanatic I often read the German sites as they are usually more informative. Are you German yourself?

Amherst

Jezza- my four grandparents were German; they all left, fortunately, before 1939. My work takes me to Western Europe frequently, and I am fluent in German and can read Dutch (but some of the vowels like "ui" or "ij" are so difficult to pronounce). But I am always stunned by the incredible linguistic abilities of the Dutch and the Scandinavians. And I suppose that of all the countries in which to have hyperhidrosis, the Netherlands is one of the best; it's rare to get days over 30 or 40 degrees like here in the central United States or southern Europe. How far are you from the coast?

Jezza

Jezza- my four grandparents were German; they all left, fortunately, before 1939. My work takes me to Western Europe frequently, and I am fluent in German and can read Dutch (but some of the vowels like "ui" or "ij" are so difficult to pronounce). But I am always stunned by the incredible linguistic abilities of the Dutch and the Scandinavians. And I suppose that of all the countries in which to have hyperhidrosis, the Netherlands is one of the best; it's rare to get days over 30 or 40 degrees like here in the central United States or southern Europe. How far are you from the coast?

Ok. Yeah I think a lot of it has to do with our native languages all having quite a 'small base'. For Dutch it's just the Netherlands, approximately half of Belgium, some people in South Africa and some in Suriname and the (former) overseas territories. To connect with the rest of the world it's kind of essential to have some understanding of other languages. For an export driven country I think it's born out of necessity.

Sadly I live quite far from the coast (that is, in terms of our country). It's about a 1,5-2 hour drive from where I live. I realise in terms of US distances that is pretty much just round the corner. The coast is pretty nice though, especially in the south which is where I live closest to. Would be nice to live somewhat closer to it. The Germans always invade it in summer (no pun intended). Of course we're pretty 'lucky' that way to have a big coastline with respect to the size of the country while Germany is a lot bigger but only has a little coastline at the northside of the country.

Although the weather is quite ideal on paper though -eventhough everyone always nags about it- it's still pretty tough to have HH as you probably know. Yes in terms of environment temp it's ok for most of the year but all the other factors that influence HH still apply as much as anywhere else I presume :kickingmyself: But yeah I wouldn't want to trade with Arizona or thereabouts.

aries86

I actually experience less sweating in the spring more than any other time in the year. Other than than that it could be 20 below and I still will sweat. I hate winter in particular because not only do I still sweat but my hands swell up so big it looks like their going to burst and my hands and feet turn bright red. So people stare at my hands a lot of times (bright red hands on very pale skin), and it makes me sweat harder. It makes things a lot worse for me... I had minimal luck with Drysol, but just as you say I had trouble with the application ie, applying it and the gloves.

Jezza

I actually experience less sweating in the spring more than any other time in the year. Other than than that it could be 20 below and I still will sweat. I hate winter in particular because not only do I still sweat but my hands swell up so big it looks like their going to burst and my hands and feet turn bright red. So people stare at my hands a lot of times (bright red hands on very pale skin), and it makes me sweat harder. It makes things a lot worse for me... I had minimal luck with Drysol, but just as you say I had trouble with the application ie, applying it and the gloves.

Yep that sounds familiar. In winter it's partly nice when I'm outside that my hands don't sweat as much (if it's really cold) but at the same time they get uncomfortably cold and very pale...then when I go inside there's some kind of reflex where they flush like hell, get red and very sweaty. I guess it makes sense that this is universal as it's also related to the SNS. It's kinda Raynaud-like symptoms but I've seen real full on Raynaud's and it's a bit more extreme (though less sweaty), almost looks like gangrene.