Need help with glycopyrrolate/robinul/avert!

averagejoe

Hello everyone! So, I just recently got my glycopyrrolate from the pharmacy. I sweat alot from the neck, scalp, and forehead and is usually triggered from social interactions and exercise. I took a single 2 mg tablet as soon as I woke up. I didn't eat anything for the next 2 hours, and I saw no change in my sweating as my forehead was slightly wet. I immediately took another 2 mg, to see if anything would happen. I waited another hour without eating, and I was still sweating. Since I'm just starting out, I decided to take no more than 4 mg. Does this medication take time to kick in? Also, I didn't experience any side effects while on the drug. I had a barely noticeable headache, but no dry mouth. I thought it was weird since most people say they suffer from at least a dry mouth. I will take another 2-4 mg of glyco tomorrow, and report back with results. I really hope this drug works out for me.

xlemosx

Yes it does take time to kick in. You can't have any food 2-3 hours before or after taking it. For me i usually take it around 8am and it kicks in around 11-11:30. I've found that taking it in the evening doesnt work too well for me the best time is right when i wake up.

I've also noticed that food effects it a lot. Usually when i take it at 8am it kicks in by 11am and i eat at 12:30pm, as soon as i eat my armpits get a little more sweaty until a couple hours after that.

avert definitely isn't the best solution but it does help me immensely. My sweating without avert compared to with it is a huge difference. I'm not going to say my HH is worse than yours or anyone else but i do feel i have it worse than others. Certain dry, drysol all that stuff isn't strong enough for me i still sweat right through it.

But anyways try to take 4mg right when you wake up and don't eat for a good 4 hours after and see how that goes. A lot of people also take it at night before they go to sleep and then again right when they wake up so you could give that a try too.

Good Luck!

averagejoe

Thanks for the help xlemosx! I think what I'm doing wrong is that I'm just taking a low dose. I take a single 2 mg tablet as soon as I wake up, and I make sure not to eat anything in that 2-3 hour interval. I guess just gotta up my dosage to 4 mg. Thanks again for the advice!

hows that 4mg treatin ya? I take 3 or 4 myself and it doesnt work but maybe 50% im guessing and my throat hurts very bad after it for the next 2 days.. but for me everybit helps

SweatParty

I've been taking glyco since May 2010 and it has helped me a LOT, but not 100% perfect.

I've gone through a few different routines. Last summer, it seemed that taking 1mg late at night before bed would help prevent sweating immediately upon waking up in the morning. Then I took another after waking up, and I'd be good until the afternoon. If I had any evening plans, I sometimes took another 1mg around 4pm.

Lately, however, I've been sleeping in heavy air conditioning, and not taking pills at night. I didn't like that because my eyes and mouth were so dry when i woke up. I don't think it was good for my eyes. So now, I wake up about 6:30 or 7AM, take 1mg, then sleep for another hour, then get up and get ready for work. I often eat a light breakfast (bagel, yogurt, juice). That doesn't seem to lessen the effects of the glyco too much. However, since I eat more for lunch, I often take another 1mg right before lunch (about 12pm). I've had very good success staying dry through the work day with this plan.

If I know I have a social event coming up, I often take 2mg. However, this usually causes my voice to get hoarse and throat to be scratchy. And I sometimes still sweat, probably due to the anxiety about sweating in social situtions, as well as heat (especially in summer).

Let us know how your treatment is coming along!