Need help - How to talk to alk girl?

Friday after school, while waiting for the bus, a girl told me that she liked me (I've only seen her one time before and never talked to her, but still she kind of "attracted my attention"). I really didn't know how to react, so I just stuttered something exceptionally stupid like "Oh, why's that?"... :?

I told her that we could probably meet monday after school, but didn't even think of asking for her name, and now monday's drawing near and I'm afraid I'll just ignore her when I see her, fearing that I just can't think of anything to say to her in reply...

I'd be grateful if somebody could give me any suggestions.

introvert

Ok, you have to think about it this way. It will be more hurtful for this girl to just be 'ignored' after she has put herself on the line to talk to you. Think about this, if you asked a girl you like out, and next day she just ignored you walked past you (doens't matter if she has SP or whatever - cause that is invisible from your point of view), how would you feel? At least talk to her or something, anything is better than avoiding/ignoring her cause she will get the wrong message.

mistmephit

I agree with what introvert said, what ever you do don't ignore her. You already have at least one thing going for you and that is that you know that she likes you. If you get stuck for what to say try asking her about herself, her friends or even her interest as a first step.

However I’m not really an expert on talking to woman so take my advice at your own risk.

Thanks for your replies.

Well somehow I managed to talk to her, but it didn't really went well...

Being myself seems to be the biggest problem, I always feel like I'm some kind of spectator watching myself as my mind goes blank. Even when I can think of a question to ask her, at some point in the "conversation" I think it becomes obvious that I'm not really contributing anything to it, however much I struggle to do so... I mean, since she did talk to me, she must have expected something in return, and now she's probably quite annoyed, wishing she had never talked to me at all :?

introvert

Don't worry, that's just your SP kicking in making you think "she hates you" and thinks you're "boring", "can't maintain a conversation" etc. She probably didn't notice, and even if she did, I doubt she had negative thoughts about you. Try again next time you see her around. It's not like you get once chance and if it doesn't go so well then that's it.