Need help for reducing Anxiety

SuperConfused

Hey guys,
I am new to this forum, and I am on here because I defintely need some help. Recently, I believe, my social anxiety has sky rocketed. Everytime I go out, I always expect something 'bad' to happen. I always anticipate it before I go out or before that day comes and panic and talk to my friends about it to vent it out. However, the longer I prolong this issue or just discuss matters with friends, the longer I stay up. It is getting to the point where I have to stay up till 5 Am in the morning just freaking out the whole night! When I get up I am still pretty uneasy, and I stay okay for a few hours, but then it happens again!!!!

I have phobias with meeting people who I believe might cause problems for my current relationship. I had a rocky relationship last year and things ended super ugly. However, my couple and I are back together, and she is one that does not trust easily, and I have lied to her before because of all of my fears and anxiety! And I didnt tell her some issues becuase I was afraid of her reaction! Now, the new school year is coming, and I am afraid that we might meet up with some of the old students that we were with and they might tell her stuff.. and from there it branches out. Do you see what I mean? I think my complusive side is to go and myspace their schedule and try to figure out ways to PREVENT IT. But they have both our phone numbers, and I am SO FEARFUL OF THEM ASKING US TO HANG OUT. They recently called me and I didnt want to talk and brushed them off rudely, which was not the right thing to do! So guys, Please give me some help. I am going to see a therapist soon. I have been the whole year, and it has helped quite a lot. But I need to talk to you guys now because some of you may or may not have experience, but have more knowledge regarding this issue. I have only determined that I may have OCD last night while panicing. I have all the symptons.. but ya guys! Please help me out!!

-SuperConfused

emmdee

Firstly, i assure you (to hopefully put your thoughts at rest) nothing bad will happen when you go out. Keep saying that to yourself and keep going out, and your fear will rationalize. Soon you'll be confident enough to possibly even go out for more than just everyday things?

Secondly, don't panic. If your girlfriend is right for you, she will not care what the secrets are unless they involve you cheating. She is only mad because she thinks you're hiding something.

This is much harder than it sounds, but try having a conversation with her outright before your friends get to her. It will sound at least somewhat better coming from you. Tell her everything you've kept from her and why you have done so. As long as it is not something bad that you did involving her, she should respect your decision and you two will be much happier together. If she doesn't, then she just wasn't the one for you. There are more, much better people out there. All you did was take one possibility off your list. Keep trying and i'm sure you'll find someone amazing.