My Story-New to the Forum.

mikeisback

Hi there! I figured if i wrote down all the crazy shit I do everyday someone could tell what is wrong with me and what I can do To stop.
here goes.
I count dates on my hpone every day up to 45 minute periods the reason i do this is to figure out a general thing i have done like washing my hair i will go back on 3 months and remember if i did and didnt and i cant do any other tasks until i have figured it out. I also count hairs i find off my head every single day.
When i play my guitar i have to turn the knobs a certain way before i play it this can take a long time. i count in threes in my head i also do this thing where i raise my eye brows three time then i have to do that three times then three more times to clarify i have done it right. sometimes i will do three eye raises then flick my head to the side then do three more.

tell me this is normal behaviour.

AvinaKo

Er... It's normal behavior.

Not really, but, what do you think will happen if you don't do these things? Have you ever tried to walk away?

paulmm

i have that too - the eyebrow raising thing

its psychomotor agitation - the body's natural (uncontrollable) way to relieve anxiety

only problem for us OCD types is that it becomes another ritual, and for me, i have to make sure both sides of my face perform the exact same numbers of eyebrow raises or other twitches

this causes headaches and makes me fidgety