My sp came in handy...

SnackleZ

I'm slowly recovering from my SP, but tonight, I found a time where it was extremely handy... Believe it or not.

Tonight, my buddy and I were out crusing around and we saw a good female friend of mine (lacey) and her friend out walking around. They yelled at me to stop, so, I did. We talked for a while and it was pretty obvious lacey was coming onto me. Seeing this, my buddy kept nudging me to offer her a ride, so I did, she accepted, and we went driving around.

We ended up at a cemetary outside of town where lacey and I flirted around. Nothing happened, one kiss, and that's about it. My buddy, being a complete, ingnorant, selfish bastard that he is, started "grabbing" both girls. Of course, they liked it, and I was left out because of my sp. Lacey noticed that I was being left out on the fun, and mentioned it and I said that I was ok (knowing that I wasn't). I wanted in on the fun, partly because I'm a guy, but at the same time, I didn't, because I knew what it would lead to (Laceys friend already had condoms out). I'm a very devout Christian. Like I said, being the guy that I am, I wanted to take part in the festivities, but something held me back. I think it was a combination of both God and my SP.

After I started driving away, Lacery's friend said something about dropping the two of them off at someone's house, and I did just that.

I feel like I did the right thing... In fact, I know I did, but at the same time, being a guy, I feel like I didn't. I know I'll be looked down upon because of this, but at the same time, I'm probably going to be respected for my abiltiy to control myself. I can only wait, hope, and pray that things go the best way.

Hurricane

I think you did what's best for you :)
You had the chance to go further but you followed your principles! BRAVO!

indy

I think you did the right thing....and I know what you mean about SA coming in handy sometimes. I feel like it's kept me away from a lot of scenes that I'd rather not be a part of...i.e. drinking, drugs, sex, etc. I'm grateful for that. Without SA I wonder how much farther I'd have delved into those worlds when I was younger.

paul

hey, I've sometimes found that SA can come in handy, it seems that SA people never (or dont usually) get in fights or road rage or anything...

edit : yes taws you're very correct -- substance abuse is definitely something I imagine a lot of people with SA do -- for obvious reasons. you are right, and I take back some of the things I said

Bexi

I call ppl something rhyming with "HUNTS" whilst i drive, sorry paul, i know u think i'm good :oops:

TigerShark

I think you did the right thing, you stuck to your beliefs. I highly respect people with morals, so few people have any nowadays.