My situation with social anxiety.

LoneWolf

I have this feeling for about 6 years and have never done anything about it or told anyone till today. It first started on the first day of 7th grade, it was weird because I had many best friends in 6th grade, then on the first day of 7th grade I couldn't talk to anybody, not even my best friends. It gotten worse by the year, I would always be nervous when teachers ask us to get into a groups because I would think who would want me? I think that I'm the quietest person in my whole school of about 2000+ students. Even worse, I totally don't talk to my cousins or relatives anymore especially during a family party. Any sort of a group activity is a big NO NO for me. I always had my head down everywhere I go. And when I do talk, it would sound very soft/quiet tone, I remember one person saying if I were mute...

Is this social anxiety or am I just a really really shy person?

SilentOutlaw

That definately sounds like social anxiety disorder to me. I experienced all of what you are describing with school and family. I have social anxiety disorder for sure, so my guess would be that you are suffering from it as well.

SilentOutlaw

Yeah I still have social anxiety disorder. It is not easy to overcome, but it is definately possible with a positive effort. For me I try to force myself to do things that cause my anxiety and if I get through them, it makes me more confident the next time the situation arrises. Also sometimes I will drink lots of green tea to give me a relaxing high or drink some alcohol to get a little buzz before a social gathering or situation. There is medication and therapy available for social anxiety disorder.

Septor

LoneWolf said:
I have this feeling for about 6 years and have never done anything about it or told anyone till today. It first started on the first day of 7th grade, it was weird because I had many best friends in 6th grade, then on the first day of 7th grade I couldn't talk to anybody, not even my best friends. It gotten worse by the year, I would always be nervous when teachers ask us to get into a groups because I would think who would want me? I think that I'm the quietest person in my whole school of about 2000+ students. Even worse, I totally don't talk to my cousins or relatives anymore especially during a family party. Any sort of a group activity is a big NO NO for me. I always had my head down everywhere I go. And when I do talk, it would sound very soft/quiet tone, I remember one person saying if I were mute...

It sound like me a lot.I had a lot of problem like that when I was your age so it sound like social anxiety to me.You should talk to a counselor or at least your school counselor.Get help when you still young it gets harder the older you get.I wish you the best of luck.

beautiful

LoneWolf said:

People have teased me saying Im mute or that I dont talk, just because Im quiet!

When I was at school, even though I was good in some pe lessons, I was always the last one to be picked, so the teacher always had to put me in a group as no one wanted me :(

But on these forums, I feel very welcome! You wil love it here :)