My little story. (Grab popcorn)

Otay heres how things are going/got to this point. Its kind of long so get comfy.

My SA started when I was about 13, (I'm 17 this Sunday) I was an alienated little kid. I had a huge gut, wore camouflaged shirt/pants. I played video games a lot, Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty etc, and I would never play them at my house, I would always go down to this place called "Scooties" and they had every game that you could imagine. (Only thing was I had to cough up 20 bucks to play all day) I was kicked around and made fun of, because of my weight, my clothes, or even the way I talked.

After I started skateboarding, I really sucked. I was picked on a lot, again. I could never get the respect/pat on the back from anyone, again. It just seemed like I had swapped one hell for another. It took me a whole year to get the acceptance of anyone who skateboarded. And was a guy named Chris, he knew that how good you were doesn't matter. We started hanging out and eventually became the best of friends, and that was my lifeline. I had no women, and couldn't dream of getting one, Didn't have any talents, couldn't dream of getting any of those.

But Chris was always there to cheer me up and stuff, a really cool dude. Then in December of last year, just shy of Christmas, my dad died. I went out to Oklahoma to bury him, and was gone for about 3 days. When I came back, Chris had taken a plane back to New Jersey (His actual home, he was just here visiting on a long term)

So now I'm all alone, nothing but my no talent skateboarding, my guitar, music and my weed to keep me company. I want to make new friends, I really do, I just don't have anything in common with people. No body out here likes classic rock anymore, all of the skateboarders are these gangster wannabes or are just posers. Being social is just something I never learned how to do on my own, I spent the years I was supposed to be learning that, in front of a pc screen, getting 20 kills before the game ended, seemed fun at the time. But dam I think it was the greatest mistake of my life

Carstuar

Hello, HellFire1989. Your story is very moving. I'm sorry your only friend left. That must be really hard for you. I also used to escape into the gaming world. When I was the same age (14-17) I used to play Counter-Strike a lot. After that, I went on to MMORPGs, which are even worse. I've kicked my gaming habit now, mainly because I got so BORED with every single game, and my computer is too slow to run new games. My advice to you is get out there and keep skateboarding. Exercise and sunlight helps fight depression at least. Who knows, you might find another Chris.