My life sucks /rant

matt87uk

Social anxiety has ruined my social life, education and only now
have I decided to get off my arse and do something. :( Is it possible to turn your left around at 19?

I left school with poor grades from rarely attending (and being a little thick ) So I went straight into college and after a week I became so anxious that I had a panic attack and left..

Over 3+ years later I havn't done anything with my life I had a crap job for awhile and went on afew part time courses for some shitty low level qualifications.
Only until recently have I been thinking about all the years I've wasted and how I should've stayed on at college which has been making me very depressed. ;\

Unhappy with my life I decided to go back to College, however I have left it to late it seems (it starts next week) Bugger!

Anyway, with college being a no I've decided to take my
CompTIA A+ (I'm self studying since it's affordable..) :) Getting a decent job again doesn't look good for me, but I'm trying to sort out something.

Q. What did you do in your teenage years?
A. Nothing

*sigh*

jonnyC

Hey, I know exactly how you feel and I still do!

I am 24, still in education, and I still suffer with anxiety.

The best thing is not to focus on the years behind you, but the times ahead. WHat can you do about those 3 years? nothing, so why keep thinking about something you can't change?

Well firstly you are far from the only one to drop out of college. I went to college and so did 4 of mates. None of them finished the course, and I know about 50% dropped out.

You do need a drive in life, otherwise you won't get much out of it. Sometimes that is hard. Pushing passed those barriers is really tough for some people whilst others seem to breeze through. They don't find it as easy as you would think.

WHy did you have a panic attack at college? Why do you think you get anxious?

Is it social related or something to do with achieving?

I took my first year of A levels at 18, which is a year later than most and I'm going to uni next year, you can definately change your life around when you're in your teens.

aircooled

Now is the perfect time to take hold of your life, don't consider yourself thick, as thick people can't suffer with anxiety and thats proven

spurs

aircooled said:
Now is the perfect time to take hold of your life, don't consider yourself thick, as thick people can't suffer with anxiety and thats proven

that's proven? do you have any links to research on that, or can you tell me where you read this? i'm very interested to find out more about the relationship between anxiety/depression and intelligence.
if it's true i'd definitely feel better! though there's always an exception to the rule right! lol

aircooled

It's true you get anxiety because your mind is to big shall we say, it's had to explain, you don't just think about going to the pub, your mind runs all the different situations hence anxiety.

jonnyC

If you consider some lad who doesn't think much about life. Their mind comprehends simple equations in life, simply, they think about what time they are going to the pub.

People who have a higher mental capacity can push through a lot of queries to their brain, and their brain can be thinking of multiple things at once, often without you realising. People who have anxiety maybe classed as worriers, but this is because they have a mental intelligence causing them to think much much more than average.

Normal people don't worry so much, not because they have less to worry about, but because their brains can only think on a simple function. Basically we think alot more because our brains have the capacity to do so.

triceratops

jonnyC said:
If you consider some lad who doesn't think much about life. Their mind comprehends simple equations in life, simply, they think about what time they are going to the pub.

People who have a higher mental capacity can push through a lot of queries to their brain, and their brain can be thinking of multiple things at once, often without you realising. People who have anxiety maybe classed as worriers, but this is because they have a mental intelligence causing them to think much much more than average.

Normal people don't worry so much, not because they have less to worry about, but because their brains can only think on a simple function. Basically we think alot more because our brains have the capacity to do so.

Thats quite interesting, I think in that case I would like to be thick and only have to think about the simply things in life such as going to the pub,eating and sleeping. 8)