My latest obsession!

This wasn't the most dramatic situation, but it was the one that stroke me the most... It was on my mind the whole summer, THE WHOLE SUMMER!

So it started when I went to do inscriptions in my school. (Beggining of the summer).There was a paper to be filled, so I filled it. And then the guy gave a paper to me, and I'm preety sure that's what happened. I think I did ask: So that's for us, to take home yes? And he was like: YEah, yeah, that's for you guys. He was kind of clear, so I didn't evne worry: Maybe he didn't mean that, maybe he said it by mistake? So okay. There outside I think I remember (My ocd wasn't satisfyed of course) I said myself: YES, that school problems are OVER! I used to have some other obsessions about school too. But then my mom told me: Oh, I'm not totally convinced that that paper was for us. And I think I said: MOM, I'm SURE it was! I was sure, probably, because it just happened. She said something like, if you're sure, okay. But then next day she mentioned it again, and I was like, nah, that was for us. I did have exactly the same obsession now!! I was like, no no, it IS for us, I remember it. What if I don't correctly? Bla bla bla. Oh what's the worse it can happen? They'll fix it. Maybe they'll make me pay more for accepting my inscription now. (Because I remember my friend gave his inscription one day after and had to play like extra 50 bucks). I have money, I'll pay it. maybe I don't! Maybe it's gonna be 250 euros. You should warn your mom about this. I told my sister and she was: It's cool maybe the have duplicated. I told my mom like twice, but I tought she hadn't heard me well. I tryed to rationalize it, why would I tell my mom, what could go wrong, etc etc etc. I could think for three days in a row about the same stuff, my chemistry was probably damn messed up. If you're itnerrested tell me, it's a lot of ruminations involved there.

I tryed to ruminate like only 30 mins a day, but I was controlling myself well acutally. Sometiems answers would pop in my head out of no where, but then a counter-tought would come. Kinda annoying you think it's gone, but then it's back! A LOT of being unsure. But I tryed not to think about it, it was in full strenght tho. The situation now is that it's in a totally harmless spot tho. I didn't ruminate about it anymore, I never solved it, it just kind of went away! :) Now I have another one, started today, I think in the first copule of days they are the worse. OCD can be a pain don't you agree? I already spent like 1 hour today ruminating, maybe a little less, like 30 minutes. But damn it changed somet suff, ruminating makes your brain chamistry worse, no doubt! It's not that big of a problem I guess, but I keep thinking, oh, if you don't solve this, etc etc is gonna happen, it seems totally plausible. Like the worse thing ever is gonna happen if I don't take care of this topic I'm obsessing about! But I guess it's ocd so I'm gonna try not to ruminate, of course my brain doesn't accept this. I'll see how it goes! This was probably a boring read, but it's kinda cool for your motivation or something, or maybe you'll gonna enjoy reading that someone else's rumination are also HORRIBLE! :D Good luck with yours! I'm gonna try not to ruminate, let's see how it works for rgetting rid of the ocd! VEry annoying!

Last edited:

IDK94657

Of course it's a different form of OCD, but with hand washing I do a similar thing. I'll wash for the longest amount of time until my hands are dried out and feel clean, and then sometimes I'll sit there and ask myself, "Are they clean?" And in another area, if I pass by certain dirty objects or things like if I lean over some food, I'll wonder, "Did I hit the food with my shirt?" Often I'll change just to make sure and that's very bad for my OCD.

Really I guess the best thing is to find things to prove that you didn't do it, even if it doesn't mean for sure that you didn't. For example, I could say, "Well my shirt isn't greasy or covered in cheese, so I think I didn't!" Or with you, you could just call and record their conversation and play it back if you need assurance. But that's only if you want to do it without any help from prescriptions or a therapist. :D