My HH is not stress related at all! Do any of you agree?

Hey,

I know HH develops in different ppl for different reasons like stress or genetics or I don't know what, but i know its not the same for everyone.

Anyways, do any of you have the same symptoms as me? I have some strange symptoms.

1. HH flares up even when i'm alone watching tv (the least stressful time!)
2. HH is more manageable when it's cold outside.
3. HH goes completely away when I'm drunk
4. When I have HH, my hands and feet swell so that it's harder to put
jewelry or heels on
5. Ok, this is the last one and i'm SURE none of you have the same
symptom - My feet are the "leaders" so when they are bad, then my
hands are automatically bad. Um, when I wear socks my HH is way
more calm or may even go away if it's cool enough in the room, but
the minute I take them off, it's guaranteed HH TIME! (':twisted:')

Ok, wonder if anyone will have ANY similarities with my condition. Thanks for reading! (':)')

aero

1. Yep (when i'm on the computer or xbox are the most annoying times)
2. Yep
3. Yep
4. Wouldn't know because I'm a guy :)
5. Yep
6. When I think about sweating, it happens (sometimes) :(

hydroman123

Yes to all except the fourth one. Ive never noticed my hands swelling, they just get super cold.
My palmar HH is mostly independent of stress, but my facial HH develops only when Im really nervous. In fact I didnt even realise I had a problem till recently when I was faced with a situation that made my forehead literally drip.

albarosa2008

Same for me. Cooler weather does help: I get "hot" like with hot flashes, except I've been like that from a young age, so it's not menopause) but summer time is the worst for over-all sweating. My hands and feet also swell. I don't know why alcohol dries me out a bit. I know it relaxes us and helps us lose our inhibitions but I, like you, sweat even when I'm hanging out, by myself, totally relaxed!
I'm taking glycopyrrolate for a while now, an> anticholinergic, antimuscarinic. The info the pharmacist gave me says: "glycopyrrolate's use is related to it's anti-secretory activity. Control of excessive sweating, moderate to severe drooling in children and adults, and as an aid in the treatment of Menier's Disease" It's been working very effectively for me. I've been able to go back to school and I'm looking for work in my field. I'm still thinking of trying out the ion machine when I get the money, and also the soaking feet/hands in black tea, it apparently dries up the sweat glands...don't know if you've tried it or heard about that. I'm stuck taking the medication until a cure is found-but it works for me w/minimum side effects (dry mouth)
Good luck!

-ian-

The same as me... my problems are hands and feet... I'll give examples of before ETS surgery and after my recent recurrance of Palmar HH (back for 4 months now)...

1) Before ETS Surgery: YES
After Recurrance: Depends how warm it gets in my Condo.

2) Before ETS Surgery: YES, but still sweats.
After Recurrance: Way better, almost doesn't sweat at all... so far at least.

3) Before ETS Surgery: This is not meant to be a joke, but I can't remember. had the surgery 6 years ago.
After Recurrance: For the most part yes, but if anxiety is there while I'm drunk, I could sweat.

4) I'm a guy, so I don't know about the 'heels' problem, but yes they do swell.

5) This is where we are EXACTLY ALIKE. When my feet start going, my Hands start to go. For me, an anxiety comes along with it, because I start to worry about it. I've put a thread in here asking people how they sweat. I've put this same description on there. Well, maybe not EXACTLY ALIKE... it doesn't help for me to wear socks...

teandtoast

1. HH flares up even when i'm alone watching tv (the least stressful time!)
- it varies for me some days does sometimes doesnt...gets worse during stressful times though like meetings etc
2. HH is more manageable when it's cold outside.
- yep agreed...although still sweat to much even when cold
3. HH goes completely away when I'm drunk
- not completely but defo seems to slow down when drunk
4. When I have HH, my hands and feet swell so that it's harder to put
jewelry or heels on
- nope
5. Ok, this is the last one and i'm SURE none of you have the same
symptom - My feet are the "leaders" so when they are bad, then my
hands are automatically bad. Um, when I wear socks my HH is way
more calm or may even go away if it's cool enough in the room, but
the minute I take them off, it's guaranteed HH TIME! ('')
- duno i dont get bad foot or hand hh just underarm

Luna222

1. Yup
2. Yes, except that after walking for a while outside in the cold, when I get inside I start to sweat a lot, even if inside isn't very warm
3. I've never thought of this before, I think it actually might...problem is I'm too drunk to notice!
4. Nope
5. No, I don't have problems with my hands and feet

Sure,,HH has little to do with anxiety. Its the old cause or effect theory. The experts just dont know. Alcoholism is huge among us sufferers. I want to try Glycopyrrolate.