My Friend's Depression

louieann34

In my high school days, a friend of mine experience a kind of situation, that she became very depressed...And she’s been asking me for any medications for it...But for me, I will never take any medication for it, coz depending on it is not good...Id rather go for alternatives medicines, for they are all natural, came from the extracts of plants.

alanbluecat

Hi, I think you are quite wise to be careful about taking conventional medication.
Antidepressant pills only work in around a third of people and when I tried them they didn't work for me and only gave me some bad side effects.

I much prefer the more natural approach.

SilentType

Banned
The hell with antidepressants. I told my doctor I didn't want to take them anymore and she gladly weaned me off of them. Right now I'm taking propanolol regularly to control the "fight or flight" feeling I get in social situations. I also take Klonopin before a situation that I know is going to bring stress. It really relaxes me and the combination of these two drugs really kills all of my physical symptoms of anxiety. Natural remedies can work, but I'd rather listen to the experts...

Peace

marydawn

Hi,

When I was in high school...I also experienced being depressed...I even couldn't study hard because of it...So I went to a Doctor for it...He then give me medications to take...But instead of making me feel better...It just worsen my problem...It actually give me a stomach upset...It was really hard to have depression and at the same time stomach problem.So I stop taking the medication and look for an alternative.

It is really not good to always depend on medications.