My Feelings On this Curse

HotHead

First off: Nice to meet all of you. Writing rhyms and listening to Hip-Hop is a way for me to vent my frustrations. HH is one of them so it's only logical that I wrote my heart out. I hope some people can relate, if not, that's OK. These are MY feelings and experiences, please don't be offended by them.

Here it is (On "Dreams - The Game"):

Not a day goes by without the thought
of how to deal with this [...] disease I got
Talkin' from childhood time man
I'm different than you lot
Brought up being told I'm the same
while I knew I was not
Harsh realising through the young years
I had to swallow my tears and accept it
only to discover to this day still I haven't
Like that October eleventh, me and Kevin,
laughin', makin' fun of our teacher who was havin'
the same problems I was brought down with from heaven
That's seven years ago, still sorry for that shit
still sorry I haven't changed a bit
still cuttin socks in half,
put em under my armpits
It makes a tight fit,
and prevents me from lookin' an idiot
'cause society won't accept it
Kid don't be stupid, you don't want this,
you can't respect it let alone handle it
Sittin in the classroom every day [shit],
I pray, hopin' I will be OK
you can feel it on your back them attacks
comin' up homie there's like no way
you can sit through that without anyone say:
"Hey, why you sweating so much? - it's ain't that hot Today."
These people ignorant,
that's why insurance stopped covering the treatment
And treatment ain't cheap friend,
a couple of thou's and your cred's dead
F**k that I ain't paying that the cure ain't even permanent
But wait I haven't started yet,
did I tell you about side effects some people get?
Other places dripping with sweat
maybe not your face and your head
but something else 'll be soaking wet
It's like that, accept it and move on
even if you're cured, what's left is less right than wrong
At least with me, it affected my sanity [boy believe me]
they told me the fuel is insecurity, but it ain't
that's the result of nerval deficiency
AKA the reason for this whole motherf***** disease
As the years passed I've changed me mentally
I'm nervy, socially unsteady,
got my hands shaking like Marty in Back To The Future III
My only consolation,
is I'm not the only one in this situation
I'm not the only one facin',
the every day struggle,
tryin' to bungle on to society's high standard Jungle
And for all those who ain't feelin' me,
you don't have to, feel free to disagree
These are just my two cents,
I can't change who I be for someone else, you see?
[Motherf***** that's me, that's me, that's me... ]

Coming out with this publically is new to me and I think it's a good step, I'm 19, from Holland.

Hey man I like what you wrote! That's quite a unique way to write your feeling down. You definitely took a step forward coming out with your emotions.

How are you doing?

HotHead

HeyHey! - Waddup, thanks for the quick responses, wasn't counting on it.

Pinker : Good to hear that you liked it, I'm doing fine. The best I can at the moment, I guess.

cutefluffykitten : Wow, it feels great to hear that you're feeling this, that you can relate to what I'm saying. And yeah, it does help a lot writing all that shit out once in a while.

I will keep it real, thanks. ;)

jzymom

Wow! You definitely summed up what a lot of us feel on here! I used to feel mad at the world, like why couldn't I be normal?!?! Please read what I posted below. I hope it helps you as well!!

I suffered from Hyperhidrosis for many years. My hands, feet, and armpits would literally drip sweat constantly. I tried nearly everything, and I was considering the nerve surgery (I figured being sweat-free was worth risking paralyzation - shame on me!).

I was doing some research online and came across a post from a guy that tried Ditropan. I figured it was worth a try! That was over TWO YEARS AGO!! I have been 95% sweat free since I started this medication! I cannot tell you how it has changed my life for the good!

No more wiping my hands on my jeans until my jeans were soaked; no more huge, wet armpit stains; no more avoiding all social situations because of the fear of soaking wet handshakes; no more damp socks and shoes; no more ruined papers.....shall I go on?!

I asked my Family Physician about getting this medication. He's the one that put me on it. I get "Oxybutynin" which is generic for Ditropan. (I found out that the generic actually works better. If you cannot get the generic, choose Ditropan over Ditropan XL. The regular Ditropan works better.) I take 5 mg of Oxybutynin each night.

The only noticeable side effect (besides the decreased sweating!) is fatigue. Which is why I take my pill right before I go to bed. It took about 2 - 3 weeks before I noticed a major difference so stick with it! After your sweating decreases, your anxiety lessens, which causes you to sweat less, which causes you to think about it less.....it's a wonderful positive cycle!!!

Please feel free to email me with any questions! I'd like to help as many people as possible as this medication has definitely helped ME!

Christy [/b]